the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:37 am 

guest wrote:
i've tried 1000-7300 and all are stealth! do I keep trying?

That is a pretty big range you are scanning. The goal wasn't to scan that many ports but to scan just the range you have set in BitTornado or Shadow's Experimental client's preferences to listen on (such as 6881-6889) to see if they can connect to the ports you have it listening on from the outside while you have at least one bittorrent download active. If they can't connect in to the small range of ports you use for BitTorrent at all, then that indicates that a firewall or router may be blocking connections. If it can connect fine to your bittorrent port yet every download you start stays yellow no matter what, it could indicate, as another poster found out, that your ISP may have you behind a transparent web proxy which causes trackers to not know your real IP address and that would cause peers getting the info from the tracker to not be able to connect to you because they don't know the proper IP address to attempt to connect to you on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:20 pm 
from Evil Mistake in reply to TheSHADOW:
Quote:
That does seem likely thanks

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h. ... cache.html
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/tran ... proxy.html

if i find a way round it i will post it , if not i will just have to wait for you to come up with one.

thx

been tryin to figure out this yellow light problem for a while now. Seems i've got the same problem evil mistake. thanks for the useful links. Changing the code to something other than port 80 does seem an obvious place to start. Hope TheSHADOW can crack the problem soon. If any one else has any suggestions as to how we can avoid our isp transparent proxy please let us know. unfortunately my python Knowledge just ain't good enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:46 pm 
bytetorrent wrote:
hmm. Try visiting http://www.grc.com and then scroll down and click their "Shields up" link. Click "Proceed" and then in the text box, type the port range you have open. If the range is 6881 through 6889, type:
Code:
6881-6889

then click "User specified custom port probe"

Is GRC able to connect to those ports?

Nice resource.

Post subject: was having a problem
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:08 am 
ok here is the thing... i was havingthe problem with getting solid yellow all the time... i think i figured out my problem dunno probably was simple but anyway here is what i figured out. I opened ports for multiple systems i had 6881-6889 opened for one computer and for another computer both enabled. After I dissabled the ranges for the computer I was not using i was all green.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:17 am 
but what do u do if your only using one computer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:14 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
but what do u do if your only using one computer?

You have already gone into your firewall settings and forwarded the ports that your BT client is set to listen on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:25 pm 
so what can i do if i don't have a firewall running (just seeing how it goes for a little bit - did have zone alarm, now gonna try outpost)...went to that web page and checked my ports 6881-6889, but they are all still stealthed!! How does that work if i've got absolutely no firewall running? BT used to work fine, then all of a sudden not...is it my isp somehow blocking ports?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:22 pm 
well...reading some other topics just now and think i've worked it out... my isp must have recently forced us all through a shadow proxy or whatever its called, cause i haven't set it up, and according to that 'allnettools' website, i am connecting through a proxy...bastards!
any way of blasting a hole in it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:34 am 
ok, allnettools don't find proxys from me, i set btclient range to 6889-6999. then start torrent download, advanced tab shows i have 4 R and 20-30 L (light is green, download speed only 8kb).

Then I try shieldsup, which tells me that port 6881 is open, rest are stealth.

Does that mean I can get Remote connections only using 6881 port? Should I set BT client to use port range 6881-6881 only to get maximum speeds?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:20 am 

Anonymous wrote:
ok, allnettools don't find proxys from me, i set btclient range to 6889-6999. then start torrent download, advanced tab shows i have 4 R and 20-30 L (light is green, download speed only 8kb).

Does that mean I can get Remote connections only using 6881 port? Should I set BT client to use port range 6881-6881 only to get maximum speeds?

If it says port 6881 is open when you start a download, that means everything is fine and you are fully able to accept connections without problems and if you are having a problem with slow speeds, it is cause by something elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:23 pm 
bytetorrent wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

If it says port 6881 is open when you start a download, that means everything is fine and you are fully able to accept connections without problems and if you are having a problem with slow speeds, it is cause by something elsewhere.

And there is no need to limit client ports, even if the other ports are shown as 'stealth'?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:08 pm 
Grr! I hate Telus! The have me behind one of those shadow proxies, since everything on my computer is fine. I've looked through the forum, but no one has said how to get around a proxy that an ISP set up. Please, how do you get past it? *Moans as he watches his download rate sink below 4 kb/s*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:06 pm 
I have Telus too...
I tried port triggering, port forwarding, yet nothing happens I have linksys NAV protection... and both of my computers uses zone alarm pro 4.5...

But I disabled them still no go... only all yellow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:12 pm 
I have found a solution to some or even all linksys routers!
Okay port-forward and port trigger your ports to 6881-6889...
Name them BitTorrent or if it wont allow that much character words just put Torrent and goto DMZ its in the application & gaming enable it and type in your router ip address! and save settings and your done!!!!

My BT went green!
But the downside is that my router ip switches sooo yeah if your going to download dont forget to switch your ip...

But is there anyway I can only use 1 ip instead of my ips switching?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:03 pm 
Set a static IP and turn DHCP off on your computer and your router?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next