the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:42 am 
Well.. I followed the Linksys BERSR41 guide at

"http://forums.degreez.net/viewtopic.php?t=75"

So yeah.. I goto forwarding.. then Port Triggering.. fill that all out like the guide saids.. But I don't know why.. I'm still getting a yellow light and the
NAT CHECK at

"http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl"

Said I failed.. :(
So could anyone kindly help me out a bit?

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:49 am 
First compare the IP at the natcheck page with the the IP shown on your router status page (WAN/Internet IP). If they are not the same you may be behind a proxy.

With Bittornado version 0.3.0+ UPNP is supported, if you are using winXP this should open up the port used by bittornado automatically.

Further you can try port forwarding instead of port triggering. Some routers have problems with port triggering, the may also be closed due timeouts and other clients don't need to listen on the default ports. But you may need to assign a static IP to your computer, including gateway and DNS settings to get port forwarding working properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:06 pm 
Well I checked and Im not behind a proxy.. but how do I use the
Port Forwarding? The guides tell me of Port Triggering only..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:28 am 
Go to the port forwarding page in the advanced setup, then enter ext. port range 6881 to 6899 (in newer versions it is labeled start/end), type is TCP, the IP is IP of the computer where you run bittornado, check enable.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]