the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:08 pm 
i am having trouble, i d/l torrents at suprnova but i have the 0.3.1 and i have a smc barricade router and i forwarded all the ports and did the special ap i did th3 6969 port and 6881-6889 ports but still yellow and under 10kps :( i have a norton internet security and antivirus i have my xp firewall disabled and when i do the NAT test it always fails. can some one please that has had a similar prolbem or knows whats goin on. i want a green light!!!!!! [/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:30 am 

Click "Details" on one of your downloads. You will see in there something listing the "Tracker URL." It would be in the form of:
http://tracker.site.com:6969/announce

What does it for the tracker's port number which is after the site's name ("tracker.site.com") after the colon (":") and before the forward slash and "announce" ("/announce") ? (For example, the above example's port number is "6969")

Does that number say "6969" or does it say something else? If the tracker URL looks like this:
http://tracker.site.com/announce
where it shows no ":" and no number, then it is using port 80.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:37 am 
yah here it says ''2004'' that means the port is 2004 and I need to open port 2004?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:06 am 

No, it doesn't mean you need to open that port since all tracker communications by the client is done via outgoing connections. If your problem is the same as the original poster's after they setup "trigger ports," then it looks like your problem with yellow lights is due to you trying to use trigger ports ("special applications") and the tracker for this torrent is not using the same port that you use to trigger the opening of port 6881 through 6889, so the opening of those ports never happens and you stay yellow since no one can connect in. You'll either need to modify the trigger port to include the port "2004" as one of its *outgoing* triggers to tell it to open the incoming port range 6881 through 6889 OR you'll have to do a static port mapping ("virtual server") to forward a small range of bittorrent ports to your computer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]