the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Buffalo G54....help!?
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:47 pm 
HELP!! I have only been able to get dwnld rates up to 12to 15kbs on a few times. it hovers in the 1kbs to -0kbs range.

I'm running a buffal g54 router and forwarded ports 6889-6999,6969, 1214(kazaa),80 and i get NO change.

I'v seen no more than 4seeds and max 12peers on my downloads. I raised it to 100? i see green on 1 download and have had up to 6instances of BT open and only 1 is green. the green BT never goes over 12kbs.

when i first opened B (first use) i saw a dwnld rate of 40kbs and was estatic!.

That only lasted a minute.... lol

i am on Comcast CA cable in northern CA in the WOODS!

Can someone PLEASE help me....?

I have at least a dozen friends wanting to use BT in canada and abroad and want to get this sorted out.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:06 pm 
IF YOU OPEN YOUR EXPOSSING ROUTE 44 AND CHANGE ALL OUTGONING THROUGH A PROXY BASED CHANNEL 11 ON OPEN INCOMING BY 40-50 PERCENT YOU WILL FIND YOUR DOWN LOADING RATE INCREASES BY AT LEAST 80 PERCENT

P.S MAKE SURE YOUR PROTOCAL OPEN PORTS DONT CONFLICT WITH THE I.P ADDRESS OF BUFFALO OR INTERGRATE BOTH S.P CHANNELS ON A W.A.P SOUNDBYTE

Post subject: settings change
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:09 pm 
thanks.... but....

in english? lol

change what where?

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:13 pm 
hey thanks for the advice man just did it my d/l has just gone through the roof! would never have thought of that one so simple but so dam good

Post subject: routing help
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:22 pm 
CHITTY BANG BANG wrote:
IF YOU OPEN YOUR EXPOSSING ROUTE 44 AND CHANGE ALL OUTGONING THROUGH A PROXY BASED CHANNEL 11 ON OPEN INCOMING BY 40-50 PERCENT YOU WILL FIND YOUR DOWN LOADING RATE INCREASES BY AT LEAST 80 PERCENT

P.S MAKE SURE YOUR PROTOCAL OPEN PORTS DONT CONFLICT WITH THE I.P ADDRESS OF BUFFALO OR INTERGRATE BOTH S.P CHANNELS ON A W.A.P SOUNDBYTE

I've had the tech guy from buffalo read your response and we are trying to make this work.

please explain further which settings are for router or if some is for Bitornado.

PS- portforward.com has NO info for Buffalo products

Thanks

Post subject: SETTINGS CHANGE
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:49 pm 
IF YOU GO TO INTERNET CONNECTIONS SELECT YOUR MAIN INCOMING SIGNAL POINT
THEN CHOOSE PROPERTIES
OPEN POWER OPTIONS
CHECK THE DEFALT GATEWAY I.P ADDRESS MAKE A NOTE THEN RETURN TO THE ACTIVITY SENT - RECEVIED OPTIONS
IN HERE YOULL SEE THE THREE OPTIONS LEAVE THE FIRST TWO AS THEY ARE
CHOOSE OPTION 3
ENTER IN THE VAILD BOX CHANGE DEFAULT DURATION AND ENTER THE I.P ADDRESS FROM POWER OPTIONS
THIS WILL TRIGGER PORTS 6888 AND SO ON FROM YOUR MAIN INCOMING SIGNAL POINT

Post subject: Re: SETTINGS CHANGE
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:03 pm 
CHITTY BANG BANG wrote:
THEN CHOOSE PROPERTIES
OPEN POWER OPTIONS
CHECK THE DEFALT GATEWAY I.P ADDRESS MAKE A NOTE THEN RETURN TO THE ACTIVITY SENT - RECEVIED OPTIONS
CHOOSE OPTION 3
ENTER IN THE VAILD BOX CHANGE DEFAULT DURATION AND ENTER THE I.P ADDRESS FROM POWER OPTIONS

I am having trouble folowing you......

when you say "open main incoming signal" do you mean go into networkconnections in winXphome and choose properties on my Local Area connection?

then choose properties on tcp?

what are power options?

is this in BT? i am using the latest versionT 0.3.1
are there any other programs i need?

Buffalo read your response and the guy says this is a BT software prob.... or is it?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: SETTINGS CHANGE
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:16 pm 
CHITTY BANG BANG wrote:
THEN CHOOSE PROPERTIES
OPEN POWER OPTIONS
CHOOSE OPTION 3

I am having trouble folowing you......

when you say "open main incoming signal" do you mean go into networkconnections in winXphome and choose properties on my Local Area connection?

then choose properties on tcp?

what are power options?

is this in BT? i am using the latest versionT 0.3.1
are there any other programs i need?

Buffalo read your response and the guy says this is a BT software prob.... or is it?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:22 pm 
ITS NOT A SOFTWARE PROB..
LOTS COME TO THAT CONCLOSION
EACH PROGRAMME RUNS DIFFERRENT FOR EACH SYSTEM
FIRST YOULL NEED TO CHECK EACH INTERNET INCOMING SIGNAL WEATHER RUNNING ON A SINGLE SYSTEM OR A NETWORK
REGISTER BITTORRENT AS YOUR MAIN PROVIDER
THIS WILL INCREASE THE PREV OPTION ON BT
ENABLEING YOU TO RUN EACH STATIC SIGNAL AS YOUR MAIN PROPERTIES

Post subject: can we im?
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:25 pm 
can we IM?

simplifiedworks@hotmail.com

or

juran_101@yahoo.com

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:13 am 
CHITTY BANG BANG wrote:
ITS NOT A SOFTWARE PROB..
LOTS COME TO THAT CONCLOSION
EACH PROGRAMME RUNS DIFFERRENT FOR EACH SYSTEM
FIRST YOULL NEED TO CHECK EACH INTERNET INCOMING SIGNAL WEATHER RUNNING ON A SINGLE SYSTEM OR A NETWORK
REGISTER BITTORRENT AS YOUR MAIN PROVIDER
THIS WILL INCREASE THE PREV OPTION ON BT
ENABLEING YOU TO RUN EACH STATIC SIGNAL AS YOUR MAIN PROPERTIES

What's wrong with your Shift-Key? :roll:

@juran
The default ports bittornado uses starts with 6881, so you have to forward the ports 6881-6999 or change the prefs in bittornado to whatever ports you have forwarded, but they have to match.
If you still get a green light on some torrents and yellow on others, your ISP may have a proxy installed or is blocking the default tracker port (6969) - and you don't need to forward the 6969 port unless you want to run a tracker.
Also check if you forward the ports to the right IP, if you use DHCP the IP could have changed.

Post subject: frustrated.....
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:28 pm 
punisher thanks...but...

i have forwarded the ports, changed the port range in bt then forward the new range in my router... leaving the original bt range forwarded....

the change that chitty chitty recommened and then someone else tried and got an good change i still don't understand...

CHITTY BANG BANG wrote:

can someone PLEASE take a moment and im me to help..... buffalo can't help me either....

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:24 am 
Do you get a green light in bittornado? How did you configure the port forwarding in your router? And what OS are you using?

The fist thing I would try is UPnP. Enable it in your router and try bittornado 0.3.0+ (you may clear out the port forwarding settings first). If it works you should get green lights and in advanced it should say "UPnP port forwarded".

If it doesn't work assign a manual IP to your MAC address first, then use this IP to do the port forwarding:
You should put it under "NAT Table". Enter a group name e.g. "Bittornado", leave "IP address of WAN" blank (use Airstation's IP adress of WAN), then set "Protocol (WAN)" to "TCP/UDP" and enter port 6881. As "IP Address of LAN" enter the manually configured IP and leave "Protocol (LAN)" empty.
Now check bittornado to use 6881 as first port and see if it works. You should see "Listening on port 6881" under advanced. If it works you can set up as much ports as you want to run instances of bittornado at the same time.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]