the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:36 am 
well ive read nearly all of the topics stated but i cant bypass being firewalled. i run a 1mb connection and i have two computers networked, i have a Belkin F5D5231-4 router and i have tried port forwarding...

the details i input into my router application gate setup were:

Trigger Start Port: 6969 (Also i have tried 6881)
Trigger End Port: 6969 (Also i have tried 6889 & 6999)
Trigger Type: Both (TCP/UDP)
Public Port: 6881-6889 (Also i have tried; 6881-6999 & 6969)
Public Type: Both (TCP/UDP)

I have also tried inputting the details into the Virtual Servers Router Setup...
and yes i have also tried the online manual for Belkin F5D5231-4 routers.

this is what i had recieved from the Online Natcheck:

Attempting connect to: (My IP) port 6881
Fail!
Unable to connect. This likely means you need to adjust your port forwarding configuration, or there is no client running on that port.

Im currently running Windows Xp Home (So i dont have a XP Firewall) and 98 on my other machine... before i purchased and installed my router my 98 machine was fine, a green light always appear but now both computers have a yellow light and my download speeds run at 5k and sometimes 0kbps >.<...

i do also have mcafee firewall installed...can anyone give me some tips to try and get my speed back to normal? thanks :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:22 am 
First you should compare the IP shown on the natcheck page with the WAN IP shown in your router. If they are not the same your ISP may have a proxy installed.

To check if your problem is really a port forwarding issue, you can put your computer in a DMZ. This will set your computer virtually outside the router. Also check wherever you have to supply an IP, that it is your current IP and that this IP does not change. You can configure a "lease time" in your router, check if it's on "forever" (or use static IPs).

If the DMZ works you can go on to configure port forwarding. Don't use port triggering as there is no guarantee that all trackers use port 6969 or the clients use the default port ranges. Also note that you can't forward or trigger the same ports to more than one IP. If you want to use two computers you have to split the port ranges, e.g. 6881-6890 for IP no. 1 and 6891-6899 for IP no. 2. And remove any other forwarding/trigger settings with those ports as they may override the new settings.

Also disable your firewall as long as you setup your router, configure the firewall as last step.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:02 am 
ok thanks for the advise, ill try it that out tonight if i have any furthur problems ill just post again :) thanks again :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:10 pm 
OMG :D thanks so much! everything works PERFECTLY :D thanks again!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:19 pm 
Don't forget to disable the DMZ after configuring the port forwarding :wink: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:31 pm 
yup already done :D thanks again :D but another thing whats the best ports to use? i only download with one computer so really should i make all the ports open on one computer? 6881-6889??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:05 am 
You only need to open as much ports as you want to run instances of bittornado at the same time. So when you only want to download two torrents simultaneously, you will need two instances and therefore two ports open.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:18 am 
oh ok thanks :) alot punisher :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]