the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:36 am 
Add my ip in the "local IP" box in bit tornado and it didnt do anything. Do i need to put anything into "IP to bind to"?
Hmmm jus started a torrent of on the tracker mentioned above and i instantly gor remote. wtf?!?! think NTL may have sorted it? Currently 14peers 26seeds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:22 am 
Was that with the ip in the box?

Ive checked mine and noticed about 1/3 of my connections (90) are remote :shock: :D Whereas it was four before.

The dl is usually above 25kb/s and finally, my downloaded is more than my uploaded :)

I might remove my ip and see if i get remote connections...but not while things are running better

Which tier are you on? 150, 600 or 1mb?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:24 am 
Im on 150k :lol:
Quick update though. Found something a little strange. As i posted before i mention i was running fine on a tracker using port80. Now seeding that file. Started another torrent an the sae tracker and im back to square 1. All local, yellow light, 0kb/s d/l :cry:
What the hell is going on?!? Is it my ISP or the tracker?. Im so confused right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:50 am 
update to above post.
Its now working again lmao. BTW i have entered in my IP address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:20 am 
Ive got the poor assed speeds again now :/

You do realise in the summer ntl will double your speed to 300k?

Did you enter your ip into the local ip thing on tornado or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:51 am 
I didnt know that, 300k sound a lot better than my 150. Where did u get this info from? I just added my IP to the local ip box, left the bind to 1 empty. Jus leave the torrent going. Mine started with all locals for about 10mins, then 1 remote appeared. Now i have more remotes than locals lol 93peers 12 seeds :D Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:52 am 
I'm a little confused about that many guests :lol: .

Please monitor your speeds over some time and check if the entered IP does really improve things for people with transparent proxies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:57 am 
LOL punisher. I will monitor mine and see how it goes. So far ive never seen a torrent go so well, good speed and 159peers and climbing :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am 
Heres a small update on the topic. Things have gone downhill again from yesterday. Any tracker not specifying a port doesnt seem to be working to well. Trying to get a torrent on http://tracker.prq.to/announce (again). Most of the time i load it i get no remotes, seeds slowly decay, then a blue light. At the moment ive loaded it and i have 1 remote, but i know that im not going to get anymore. Starting to wonder if its the tracker, but im not sure. Punisher i need your wisdom again :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:34 am 
Did you try to force the proxy in the windows internet options?
It seemed to have worked for another guy http://forums.degreez.net/viewtopic.php?t=1085.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:25 am 
do you by anychance have a link to forcing proxies? by the way im puzzled by 1 thing. How could i go from 7months or torrents with no problems, then having 3days of problems, then a week or so with no problems, then back to having problems? Its like ntl decide when their proxy is in use. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:10 am 
:arrow: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html

Please post if it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:21 am 
Thx for the website punisher, ive read through it and configured it with mozilla to test it and it worked. However im not sure how to add proxies with bit tornado. Never had to do anything like this before so my understanding is limited :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:37 am 
Follow the steps for internet explorer and put it in control panel, internet options, connections. The settings are system wide and bittornado should use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:50 pm 
not having any luck with the proxies. i tried a few from different areas and kept getting an error in bit tornado. Also when i returned to the proxy settings the address i had entered had gone I'd love to know how that other guy did it. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next