the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:08 am 
i have a billion 741ge v2 adsl modem/router.

i'm using latest version of bittornado and i can't seem to get a green light.
about a month ago it was working fine, just recently it always stays on yellow.

i have port forwarding on 6881 to 6889.
do i need to do anything else. what is port triggering, i dont think my modem supports that..

please help
slider17

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:40 am 
btw. my firewall is disabled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:35 am 
I guess your router has assigned you a new IP through DHCP, so the IP you configured to forward the ports to isn't valid anymore. You should increase the lease time (or set it on fixed if there is such option) or use a static IP outside the DHCP pool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:24 pm 
no i dont think that has anything to do with it...according to my routers config page, its says ive got 8 hours of lease time, this continually refreshes itself.

any other ideas.

how do i enable port triggering?

thanks
slider17

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:57 am 
For your Billion modem, the port forwarding is done through the Virtual Server setting. You need to set the port range of 6881-6889 in the virtual server page and ensure that the IP address is set to the one for your computer. If you are running one PC, it would probably be 192.168.1.1

If you have any other problems, here is a forum link which all questions such as this for the Billion modem has already been asked and answered

http://www.741ge.com/forums/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:08 am 
yeah i know about that , ive already started a thread there:

link:
http://www.741ge.com/forums/index.php?a ... 40b770aaae

please feel free to join in and help me in my quest to rid the world of the yellow light :)

thanks again'
slider17

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:59 am 
You can put your computer in a DMZ, this will open all ports to the computer. With this you can check if it's only a router configuration problem or something else. If you still get a yellow light, you can check if your ISP is using a transparent proxy. Go to http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl and check if the IP shown there is the same as shown in your router as WAN IP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:21 am 
Suppose the IP shown on http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl is different from my real one, does that mean my ISP is using a transparent proxy? (I always fail that check, by the way.) I'm using BitTornado version 0.2.0, and under advanced preferences, I already put my real IP in the "local IP" slot. Shouldn't that have fixed the transparent proxy problem? If not, how can I?

Also, I was browsing through the other topics, and some person was talking about changing your IE proxy server settings? DOes that have anything to do with the proxy thing you were talking about, and would it accomplish anything? And if it helps, how can I go about doing that?

I've forwarded ports 6881-6889 and 6968-6969 on my windows XP firewall, plus port-triggered those same ports on my Linksys BEFSRU31 router, and I don't have any other firewall to worry about. Is there anything else I can try to get rid of that annoying yellow light?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:22 am 
Suppose the IP shown on http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl is different from my real one, does that mean my ISP is using a transparent proxy? (I always fail that check, by the way.) I'm using BitTornado version 0.2.0, and under advanced preferences, I already put my real IP in the "local IP" slot. Shouldn't that have fixed the transparent proxy problem? If not, how can I?

Also, I was browsing through the other topics, and some person was talking about changing your IE proxy server settings? DOes that have anything to do with the proxy thing you were talking about, and would it accomplish anything? And if it helps, how can I go about doing that?

I've forwarded ports 6881-6889 and 6968-6969 on my windows XP firewall, plus port-triggered those same ports on my Linksys BEFSRU31 router, and I don't have any other firewall to worry about. Is there anything else I can try to get rid of that annoying yellow light?

Thanks in advance.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]