the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dling Files?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:45 pm 
This is a very nubbish question, i'm sorry, but I have never used this program. I had the same problem with bit torrent, but, neither programs let me dl any of the file I want to. It says other ppl are dling it, but none of the file will dl on my comp. It said on the bottom of the window that the dl rate = upload rate...well I changed it and still nothing. I don't get how to use this program, and all the FAQs dont help me :\.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:42 am 

For the clueless, or newly encountering bittorent users:

STEP 1 -- Install bittorrent.

STEP 2 -- In your browser, locate the torrent you want to download.

Quote:
NOTE: This might be from a site which specializes in providing torrents, or you might encounter one at random when going to download a file for any particular purpose. So you might 'seek out' a torrent, or you might find one on a normal website as a download option (or requirement!)

STEP 3 -- Click on it. Your client should pop up and download the file automatically!

Post subject: Re: Dling Files?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:46 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
This is a very nubbish question, i'm sorry, but I have never used this program. I had the same problem with bit torrent, but, neither programs let me dl any of the file I want to. It says other ppl are dling it, but none of the file will dl on my comp. It said on the bottom of the window that the dl rate = upload rate...well I changed it and still nothing. I don't get how to use this program, and all the FAQs dont help me :\.

Some sites require you to register with them before DL files also some site have the default ports blocked so maybe thats the problem if it is choose a diffrent port settting.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]