the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:14 am 
Hi
Does commandline version (btoownloadcurses.py) has the ability to choose which files to download and which not? like the gui version?
the gui is great, but I also have a linux server with command line acces and these features will be very helpfull there.

Post subject: yes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:30 am 
Yes it has this ability with the option --priority:

--priority <arg>
a list of file priorities separated by commas, must be one per file, 0 = highest, 1 =
normal, 2 = lowest, -1 = download disabled (defaults to '')

example:
./btdownloadcursus.py --priority 1,-1,-1,-1,0 my.torrent

NB: Start btdownloadcursus.py without arguments and you will see all options.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:06 am 
Hi, I already asked for this, but had no luck: is there any way to change params after the download started using the commandline tools (i.e adjust download speed or the max connections etc?
thanks

Post subject: BTQueue
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:08 am 
When using btdownloadcursus,py you can not change those things on the fly as far as I know. You will need a restart.
You might take a look at BTQueue a console-based BT-client which actually allows you to do change a few options on the fly and the best of it all it's build on top of BitTornado.
BTQueue has real nice information features too like the normal BitTornado gui, something that the current gui-less versions are missing.
url: http://btqueue.sourceforge.net/
Too bad it has little documentation, but if you need a hand in using it I'm willing to help.
They 've got their own forum btw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:17 am 
thanks, I'll take a look t btqueue

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]