the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Increase Speeds
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:47 pm 
I hat this question but I have to ask it. Is there anyway to increase speed. I am on Cable with 3MB DL capabilities and 356kbs I have set my Upload cap to 320kbs I have green light I have my ports open but I still only get DL speeds from All sites no greater than 25kbs Most of the time it is somwhere around 10kbs Is there anyway to get these to DL faster. I only ask this because I took me 3 days to DL A DBZ series

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:10 am 
It sounds like you're upload bandwith is saturated. This means that you're so busy uploading, there's no pipeline left for BitTornado (or whatever client you're using) to communicate with any peers or seeds. As a rule, you should cap your upload bandwidth at 75-80% of your max upload pipeline. With BitTornado, I believe these must be set appropriately if you're running multiple instances (ie. 2=40% each; 3=25%; etc...)

Good luck,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:58 pm 
Ill give it a try Thanks fo ryour input. I usually Have my Max uplods allowed 1 person and around 40kbs now

Post subject: One more Question
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:08 pm 
What is UPnP Port Forwarding. It is set on Type 1 Fast. Do I want to change this or what does this affect. IM still geting extremely slow DL's I Have my upload set at 12 KBS but its showing IM uploading at around 35kbs. Thanks for all the time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:28 pm 
I'm not sure about the UPnP. I disabled mine on my comp as suggested by GRC.com =). Your speeds with bittorrent are dependant largley upon your peers you are connected to. some files will d/l much faster than others depending on what every one else has flowing through thier pipes along with how many seeds are sharing and not using all thier bandwith for other d/ls. You might try another site that might have different torrents of the same episodes you are looking for, they may have more seeds or fewer seeds but with much better u/l speeds. Hope this helps a bit ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:20 pm 

If your computer is on the public net, disabling UPnP is a Good Thing. If you're behind a firewall, it's less important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:09 pm 
I am having a similar issue. I hvae two open now and getting speeds around 2-3Kb. I have set he upload at 80% for both. Is this b/c of the two open or what? I have also forwards ports 6881,6882,6884-6889 in xp firewall. I awas getting on another DL the other day as high as 60kb. I am thinking this is related to the file(s) I am trying to DL?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:10 pm 
I am having a similar issue. I hvae two open now and getting speeds around 2-3Kb. I have set he upload at 80% for both. Is this b/c of the two open or what? I have also forwards ports 6881,6882,6884-6889 in xp firewall. I awas getting on another DL the other day as high as 60kb. I am thinking this is related to the file(s) I am trying to DL?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:21 pm 
nevermind I think I resolved the issue I set my upload max should be 13 or so with my 118cable upload so I set one one 10 and the other on 3 and they are both working MUCH better. I am almost considering DSL or something with faster upload rate

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]