the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Speeds. R/L?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:01 am 
Been using BitTornado for a little over a week now. I've modified my ports to use a range other then 6881-6999 and have verified I am not behind a firewall (status = green). My ISP gives me 3Mb (d/l) and 256Kb (u/l). My questions are:

1. My downloads are averaging about 80kB and uploads 10kB. Are these normal speeds (too high, too low)? Shouldn't these more equal? The upload setting I am using is "automatic".

2. If I go into advance, all my connections are "R"emote. I've also checked files which I've already completed (thus, all I'm doing is uploading) and they are also all "R"s. Is this something to be concerned about.

Thanks for any suggestions. Just trying to optimize my settings for both d/l and u/l.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:54 am 

Automatic mode isn't as good as specifying a particular upload rate. You'll want to specify an upload rate. If you're only uploading 10KB/s on a 256Kbps connection then something else is using your upstream too.

Having all remote connections isn't something to be overly concerned about, though if you always lose L-connections it may point to a problem with your connection.

Post subject: Low speeds
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:54 pm 
For some reason my speeds stay virtually the same and hardly ever go above 10 kb/sec. i changed my ports and i'm not running a firewall. What else can i do to increase speed because it sounds like a lot of you getting it faster. I have DSL with 128 or so upload speed and my dl is 1.5 mb

HELP!!

Thank you in advance :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]