the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: VERY lost, need help.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:37 am 

Ok, I have successfully installed bittorrent3.4.2 . (Torando won't install for me, don't know why.) But when I go to open the file I want to open so I can download with it, btdownloadgui is not an option, which is what I'm told I need to click on. Instead, it just says bittorrent 3.4.2 . I tried using that, but a window just pops up saying that bittorrent has been successfully installed. I can't get any downloads to work. Why is this? Is something screwed up? I don't know a single thing about computer programs, but this isn't supposed to happen according to the people I've talked to. No one knows why btdownloadgui isn't there. HELP!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:21 pm 

c'mon, someone help me. If this is the wrong place to ask this question, point me to the correct place, please. Why doesn't my torrent download?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:18 am 
Before we proceed further, do you have or know what a *.torrent file is? If you have one, can you elaborate what exactly happens when you double click the torrent file?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:36 am 

When I double click the file I have saved to my computer (which says .WMV following the name of the file), a window pops up saying that bittorrent has been sucessfully installed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:50 pm 

:roll:

You associated .torrent with the installer, not with the client.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:58 pm 

Man Bittornado alreadys makes the file assocaition you dont need to do another step. Just right click on the file open with bttorrentgui.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:42 am 

That's my problem. When I right click on the file, there is no btdownloadgui and I don't know why.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]