the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to watch a movie
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:17 pm 
It took me 30 hours to download this movie but somehow I dont know how do I open this file. Rather I should say files, there are many files stored in my movie directory with extensions *.r01 upto *.r32. The movie has been downloaded successfully as shown on the screen but whats next?

This is my first time with BitTornado.

Sandeep

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:01 pm 
SpyBot didnt help either.

Post subject: You need to UNRAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:27 pm 
The r01-r32 are part of a RAR compressed file. You'll need to unrar the file by using a decompression utility. I prefer IZArc which you can get here: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/izarc.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:28 pm 

you sure those are the extendsions? Go to the File's properties.

I've never seen those kind of extendsions before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:30 am 
Get WinRar.
Normally you also need a .rar file (.r00, .r01, etc) but i've seen it without it too. Open the .rar file or any of the .rxx files with Winrar, it will tell you if something is missing.

Post subject: Didnt work
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:20 pm 
I tried using IZarc as well as WinRar. These 14.3 MB zipped files have 2 files each. One is a .bin and other being .cue. Surprisingly, when I decompressed these files, the bin file extension was a huge 800MB chunk. Imagine, decompressing 30 such kind of files in CD1 and same in CD2 i.e. 60*800MB = nah nah. I am sure that this file is some shit which I have downloaded from suprnova. This cannot be a movie but some kind of joke.

Any say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:27 am 
:roll: You are new to this stuff, aren't you?

The files .rar, .r00, .r01 etc belong all to the same archive. It's just splitted into these 14.3MB files for some reasons. When you open any of the .rxx files you see the files from the whole archive and not only from one of this .rxx files. If you unpack the contained files from one of the .rxx files, winrar/izarc automatically takes all other .rxx files to decompress the content, so if you got a 800MB file, that's all you need, you will not get 60*800MB!

Bin files are CD images and the cue file contains information about the format of that CD image. You will need some burning software to create a CD-R or you can also mount the images with some virtual cd drive application. Now if you ask 800MB, do I need a 800MB CD-R? - No, you don't, because what you downloaded is probably a SVCD image (Super Video CD). SVCDs are written in another format than normal data CDs, so a SVCD fits more data (~800MB on a 700MB CD-R).

Post subject: Google it!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:44 pm 
This is nutz....

I used to be one of those people like Punisher, that would help people when they asked a question on forums....

Then one day it all changed....

Give a man a fish and feed him for one day...
TEACH a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.

GOD DAMN IT! JUST FUCKING GOOGLE "open .rar file" or "open .r01 file"
and you will find PLENTY of info and you just gave yourself the special power of independant learning...

CHRIST!

sorry to be such a dick... just getting frustrated with how lazy peeps are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:29 pm 
Hey Guest,

Were you born such a self-absorbed ass wipe or did you put in some serious graft?

Punisher is doing exactly what forums were set up for - helping people.

How do you know that this guy isn't familiar with the web? How do you that he hasn't already tried and come up empty handed?

Go take some time and get over yourself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:58 pm 
Jeeeeeezz this forum is really helpfull :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:03 am 
To Sandeep.....get the VideoLan player to play those Bin files (if watching then deleting), it's free and works great!

1st Guest wrote:
Quote:
This is nutz....

I used to be one of those people like Punisher, that would help people when they asked a question on forums....

Then one day it all changed....

Give a man a fish and feed him for one day...
TEACH a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.

GOD DAMN IT! JUST FUCKING GOOGLE "open .rar file" or "open .r01 file"
and you will find PLENTY of info and you just gave yourself the special power of independant learning...

CHRIST!

sorry to be such a dick... just getting frustrated with how lazy peeps are.

I wonder why your spending your time at this help forum.....

Keep up the good work punisher.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]