the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:30 pm 
i am kinda new to this and i am wondering
-how do i play movies if there is alot of compressed files?
-is there a program that will allow me to convert these files into mpeg, dvix, etc?
-or do i have to download a program that will only allow me to burn the files onto a disk and id have to watch it on my vcd/dvd player?

ive tried using magic iso maker but then i couldnt find the real version of this (0 seeds on suprnova.org). the trial version only allows me to transfer 300mb and less. if possible, can anyone post a link so i can download the real version with a registered account?

thnx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:03 pm 
ok i have another problem:
how do i burn the file onto a disc so that i can play it on my vcd player?
ive tried burning the iso/bin file onto a disc but then it doesnt play on my vcd/dvd player. is there another program that will allow me to do this or am i doing somthing wrong here?

thnx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:22 am 
try nero, http://www.nero.com , you can try it for free for 30days.
but if you burn a iso to a disk, it has to work, but if you play that disk in your computer, does it work then????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:14 am 

:?: All these compressed files did you open them with Winrar?If you did you should have a movie file.Install DivX or Xvid and it'll convert them. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:36 pm 
ok ive found the movie file and i got it to work on a disc. ive downloaded a movie that was in mpeg/dvix format and i was wondering if there is a way to put that on a vcd so i can watch it on my vcd/dvd player? ive tried to burn the mpeg directly into vcd but it took an hour to burn and didnt work - -; so if anyone can post a program that will allow me to convert mpeg into bin/iso/cue so that i can watch it on my vcd player, plz do so.

thnx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:10 pm 

mpeg format should be able to read by every player... Did you try watching it from your computer? divX cant be played by normal players. I've heard of a few that can. It has to be in mpeg format for most to be able to read.

Plus when ever you burn a cd aint it always has one of those formats bin, cue? I mean its the cd image of what you put on the disk like a zip almost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:09 pm 
Normally a vcd/svcd/dvd has to be in a specific format (type, resolution, bitrate, audio etc). Newer stand-alone players will accept nearly everything, but only few accept mpg4-avi.
You can use Nero to create a svcd/dvd(/vcd), but you will need the mpg2 plugin or Nero Vision Express. There are other tools that can create vcd/svcd/dvd formats, i.e. the free trial of TMPGEnc, but you will need a burning app (Nero) additionally.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]