the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:18 pm 
Being new to this I hope I have posted in the correct forum.
Having only come across the bit torrent scene very recently I download and setup Bit Tornado after much reading of the forums. The one thing that helped me above all others to understand it was a post which pointed me to www.portforward.com. If you like me are a complete novice to bit torrent and are using a router this has got to be an essentail read for you, it is probably the best site of it's type on the web.
Go there and it may help you without even having to post in the forums.

To the originator of the post I would like to extend my thanks. (sorry can't remember your user name)

I would respectfully suggest to the moderator of whichever forum deems fit that there should be a link in forums.degrees.net to www.portforward.com as it may help a lot of users to carry out the setting up of there routers and Bit Tornado therefore hopefully reducing the number of posts related to this question, which seems to be repeated alot.

Anyway of my soapbox and to my question, the one thing at present that I not able to work out is is it possible to d/l more than one file at a time and if so how do you do this? please if you know thw answer make it simple for me to understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:09 pm 
Downloading multiple files isn't too complex. In order to make things easier, it helps to download the .torrent file to your hard drive. So instead of left-clicking the file and letting Bittorrent handle it, right-click the file and save it to somewhere on the hard drive. That way, if the link is removed from the website, you can open the .torrent file from your hard drive and achieve the same effect.

When you opened ports on your router, you probably opened a range of about 10 ports. Each time you have a Bittorrent window open, it listens for outside connections on one of those ports. So, in order to download multiple files, you need to have multiple ports opened (1 port for each torrent file downloading). To download another file simultaneously you simply double-click the .torrent file you downloaded and another Bittorrent window will open.

However having too many torrents open will probably start choking your internet connection, so depending on your connection speed you may want to limit the number you have open.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]