the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:46 am 
Hi everybody,

this is driving me nuts!!!!

I download (for example a movie), and keep this torrent open.

But nobody seems to be able to upload from me. I shut off my firewall (Zonelabs) but this doesn't change anything. I had forwarded Bittornado anyway to pass the firewall.

With this problem, my downöoad/upload statistics get worse and worser...

Today I made my first torrent and seeded it, but the light in the bittornado window stays red and it seems that I am the only one who can download from myself :-)

Has anyone an idea what to do?

I am getting depressive.

Thanks and cheers, Bernd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:04 am 
Hi,

this might help to track down the problem. It's a message another tracker member sent me:

''I'm afraid it is indeed your own fault you're not sharing anything. Your ports are not open. If you check yourself on the list of seeders and leechers, you notice that no port number is showing up for you. The thing is, you can find others, but others cannot find you. As there are a relatively large number of people with closed ports leeching the same file, this leads to problems''.

I don't get it! I set in the bittornado prefs the port range from 6881 to 60000. Which should cover up enough ports. And NOT using a rooter (not even a firewall ) at the moment, I don't see WHY this is :roll: happening?! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:51 pm 
If you're using winXP, check that you have disabled the built-in firewall.
Try both connection-checkers to check for transparent proxies.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]