the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: new to mac
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:41 am 
i've been using bittornado on xp for a while now but i just got a new mac computer from school and i'm confused about how to even install bittornado on this computer.

i did some searching on the forums and i was wondering if i need to install wxpython to get the installation to work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:04 pm 
If you want to run bittornado on the mac, you need to run it from the .py source file and that requires you to install python and wxpython. This will only work on OS X and not on OS 9, because there is no wxpython support for OS9 (you could run the console version with macpython on OS9 ). For OS X you can also use the official bittornado client for the mac or the alternative tomato client.
http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/6.html
http://sarwat.net/bittorrent/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:39 pm 
so i won't have the same exact interface as the bittornado on an xp. i liked bittornado because i have more control over it. but if i'm going to be using it on mac, it's just regular Bit Torrent, not BitTornado, right?

i may already have python installed since once i downloaded the bittorrent program, it ran almost immediately. so i have everything all set, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:14 pm 
You need pyhton, wxpython and mac os x to run bittornado through the btdownloadgui.py file. If it runs, you will get the same interface as on xp.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]