the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: *.torrent File?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:52 am 
Hey,
I installed Bit Torrent and right now it wants a *.torrent file to open... where should I take it from? Create an own? I allready looked at several Bit Torrent Pages and didn't found any answer... pls help me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:06 am 
you can find a lot of nice torrents here: REDACTED

note: most if not all torrents in there are illegal

"This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals." - The Mentor[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:26 pm 

Hello,

I just DLd Shadows Bit Tornado and before I can configure anything it is asking for a place to DL the files to.

I THINK that is what the 1st guest meant by their question.

Where do I find or where/how do I add a folder to DL files to.

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:49 am 
To start a download you always need a (.)torrent.
They are supplied by various websites through links. Click such a link and bittornado will start up or you can also save the .torrent file to harddisk and then double-click it.
When bittornado starts it will ask you where to save the files you want to download first and then shows the actual gui, where you can change the prefs. There is also an option to configure a default save path, so you don't need to browse through hundreds of folders everytime, but unfortunately bittornado will still ask you where to save, but start within this default folder. This will be changed when the multi-torrent-gui is ready :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:07 pm 

Please don't post w4r3z sites here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:03 pm 

Thanks for the help punisher, I understand, this part at least, hahaha

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:03 pm 
I don't understand why, if this is a bit torrent forum, ppl are being asked NOT to post where to get *.torrent files that are totally necessary to use bit torrent?> WTF?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:07 pm 

BitTorrent is meant for the transfer of LEGITIMATE data, and I'd rather not have this site associated with pirate websites. If you want to find your w4r3z, use Google, not this forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:48 am 
What the hell is a torent file? And how do i get one? Man... i'm dumb. Help...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:58 am 
A torrent file is a file with the extension .torrent that tells BitTornado where to connect to download a specific file.

Try REDACTED for a huge list of torrents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:25 pm 

And try Download anime for anime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:16 pm 

Amerk, don't post w4r3z sites here.

Post subject: Re: *.torrent File?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:33 pm 

Hey,
I installed Bit Torrent and right now it wants a *.torrent file to open... where should I take it from? Create an own? I already looked at several Bit Torrent Pages and didn't found any answer... please help me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:44 pm 

what kind of files do u want?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:19 am 

Look. BitTorrent is a solution to a problem, it's a transfer protocol, it's not a P2P file sharing system. If you have a source in mind, great; otherwise, having BitTornado on your system isn't going to help you. What you're doing is on the same order as contacting the folks who make CuteFTP and asking "j0, d00dz, w34r c4n 1 gr4b w4r3z?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next