the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:36 am 
I'm running slackware linux and have downloaded the source tar file. I untarred it and cd to the directory it creates. There doesn't seam to be any installation script, I tried 'python setup.py' and it asks for parameters. So I decided to run the btdownloadgui.py file and I get the following;

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/btdownloadgui.py", line 7, in ?
from BitTornado import PSYCO
ImportError: No module named BitTornado

What exactly am I doing wrong? The file named "INSTALL.unix.txt" doesn't help at all. I added that line to my /etc/mailcap and it doesn't do anything more for me. Perhaps that INSTALL.unix.txt file should be more speicific than

Quote:
untar and put a line in /etc/mailcap which is similar to the
following, only replace the path to
/usr/bin/btdownloadgui.py with the one it's actually in.

Untar where? I assumed that meant to place the bt* files to /usr/bin where it would most likely install. That didn't help though. Same error as in the first quote.

Post subject: update
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:09 pm 
After trying for days to get this working I finally stumbled upon rpm versions from this board shortly after my first post. It only took about 40 searches to find. ; / Anyways, I installed the files and tried to run the command and I recieve this error;

Quote:
bash: /usr/bin/btdownloadcurses.py: /usr/bin/python2: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Checking under /usr/bin/ I see that I have two pythons, one is simply python and another is python2.3. I think that if I can just change the program so that it searches for python2.3 rather than python2 this will work. Anyone know how I can do that? I've been searching, and googling and searching and here I am asking for help with it finally. Thx in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:53 am 
Just type python /usr/local/bin/btdownloadheadless.py, or whatever the path and script you want is.

Of course this only works if python is in your path.

Post subject: bittornado
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:11 pm 
the parameter u need is 'install'
type 'python setup.py install'

Post subject: Re: bittornado
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:07 am 
wolfpack wrote:

Sweet! It would be awesome if this were in the INSTALL file. That would make the file useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:38 am 

anybody know why i only get a white light and nothing else in my status box of S-5.8.8 , i tried every client none of them works . could someone please help me ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:05 pm 
which website do you go on to download files in the first place

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:33 pm 

This isn't the right place to look for that information, Guest. Sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:46 pm 
wolfpack wrote:

Okay, I did this, and what I got back from Mandrake 10.1 Official is that it couldn't find "makefile" under /usr/local/python2.3/config. I noticed I didn't HAVE a /config directory under /usr/local/python2.3!

How would I elegantly fix this problem? Obviously, I would have to make the missing directory, but of the missing file(s)........?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]