the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Uploading
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:32 pm 
What I think the main question was, once BT is installed and run the first time it wants the torrent to be uploaded, how do we CREATE a torrent. Even in my case when I change the *.torrent is will not upload for me. So I am curious also, how does one create the torrent file to be shared or whatever?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:19 am 
Hi,

lets found a club ! I also don't understand the "logic" behind this userinterface.

I mean why does this prog asks for a file I can't have and I obviously havn't been told how to create one ? Is this whole thing an experiment from a university to find out how long people in average try to find a solution for this kind of problems ?

Post subject: .files
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:36 am 
I don't understand a shit...Why is i't so hard to help peopel whit this prog??...
I'm going to wait fore one more tip on this forum...if it's good i'll stick to bittorrent...if not the prog is long goon!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:36 pm 
Email me at IncomingF5@gmail.com and I would be happy to anwser your questions and give you good sites for torrents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:11 pm 
Wow..

Ok, i'll try to explain this..

First, bittorrent isnt like kazza, or anything else you seen, you dont just open the program and type what you want. No...

You must first find a .torrent file on the internet. imagin theses files are like hum.. links, for BT: they tell the program WHERE to download what you want. So, if you want to download a video, you go on google, try to find the .torrent for that video.

Then, you run BT and you select the torrent file, and it will download..

Simple, no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:23 pm 

google "Torrent Search Engines"
Very good sites follow this.

Post subject: howto
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:15 pm 
just goto a torrent site download tha link u want to use eg: enterpise.01.04.avi save that to a folder, run BT then navigate to the folder where u saved the above and click open , that it it will/should connect hopefully

Post subject: Torrenting made easy
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:41 pm 
Short tutorial, entitled "Torrenting made easy". Here goes:

1. Go to any Torrent Download Site. For this example, we will use Dattebayo Anime, a fansub group that creates subtitled versions of the Naruto anime (which is completely legal to download, since it hasn't been licensed in this side of the pond).

2. Download a .torrent file. This file serves as an "address book" of sorts to tell the BitTorrent program where to download from.

3. Double click on the file. It should open the BitTorrent program and start downloading.

4. When it's done, please keep the download interface window open so other users can download from you. You can still use your newly downloaded file however you want while also seeding at the same time.

Simple as that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:38 am 
What I would like to know is what do the cryptic initials stand for at the top of all the columns in the Advanced Info window. The internets doesn't seem to have the answer to this internetsy question, oddly enough.

Also, why are they clickable, although clicking them evidently does not do anything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:39 am 
why the h*ll wouldn't you just say the program is there but you need servers.Rather than saying you need to get .torrent fils from goggle.No one knows but .torrent files are and why were downloading them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:08 pm 
Haydn wrote:
Just got started and have installed bt and the first thing it asks me for is a .torrent file what is one and where will i find one to get started? :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:35 pm 
well how do you find a place with torrent files? just google "torrent files"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:32 pm 
I don't know if the basic info. links I'm posting will fall under 'wares links' but I don't think so. If the moderator thinks differently please accept my apologise and kill my post.

However for those who would like a little helping starting their search for .torrents (i.e. the 'internet' link to the file you wanna download) then

1 - 'Brian's BitTorrent FAQ and Guide' has some info. you should check: http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/63.html

I could have sworn I found that from the offical bittorrent site, but it's been over 24 hours since I was there and now I can't seem to find out how I made the jump from one site to the other... but still....

If the above is not a link the moderator wants up, then perhaps:

2. The official BitTorrent site here http://www.bittorrent.com/

Then go to the FAQ section where you can follow Bram's links to smiler's bit torrent links of the lots of things links.

Also depending on what those mysterious letters are that someone mentioned, you may find S L C are common ones.... it means 'seeds' 'leeches' and 'complete'. If you don't know what they mean yet, you should read up some more about how BitTorrent works on some of the above mentioned sites, or maybe search google for 'bittorrent review'. I'm guessing if you follow some of the links above you'll soon figure out these things anyway.

Hope this is of some use. :-D

- Steve
a.k.a. rico44

Post subject: holy shit.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:10 am 
holy fucking jesus, this whole torrent thing is confusing as shit.

besides that, where the fuck is that stupid .torrent file thingy?
i searched through all the good sites that someone above mentioned and also have tried most of the things that was mentioned in the official bitorrent site, and so far zero result.

and also, the thing i have to say is:
all those people(so-called 'comp savvys') who replied to the post are stupidly pretentious bitches. c'mon, google search? i can say that too eh. if i say 'shut the fuck up and search google, you retarded sleazy lazy-ass! die! die! you stupid faggot! omg!' then i start to look cool. nice. well retards like me don't remotely comprehend anything AT ALL(the proof is, look above. this topic is like bombarded with the questions craving for the right answer but no satisfactory level still eh) so if you are truly willing to help moronic n00bs like me, please post something that will do by one shot. the link i mean. oh gawd, i beg you. please please please. after that kick-ass supernova site was shut down, i haven't downloaded anything, ANYTHING AT ALL since then. i need the o.c. i need naploeon dynamite. i need new the mars volta cd. i need helluva fucking huge amount of things to attain. so just do me(us) a favor. thanks.

i've never meant to be this intense on this forum but this .torrent file is pissing the fuck out of me, so yeah. i won't show up again if the problem is solved.

Post subject: o well.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:25 am 
without you people's goddamn help, i've been told by my friend.
thanks anyway though. that google search helped me a lot.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next