the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:44 am 
Ok, I read A LOT today about torrent and I think I have it figured out.... BUT :cry: when I double click on a torrent file ór btdownloadgui.exe It doesn't start up, it doesn't DO anything.... that makes me kinda frustrated... can someone tell me why????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:50 am 
Before I download BT or anything like it I try to learn some basics 1st.
In reading this thread so far this is what I got.
1) download BT(I have WXP 2000)install a desktop shortcut for it.
2)go to a site say "bit torrent movies R us" thru Firefox my browser
3)select a movie & click the torrent file button or its equivalent on the site
4)a dialog box will show telling me its a .wmv.torrent or something like that
I'll have 2 options SAVE TO DISK & OPEN WITH there'll be a browse button
next to OPEN WITH.
5)I click the browse go to BT on the desktop click OK
6)the movie will then download then play
Do I have this right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:29 am 
ok. Installing BT and downloading works. But what is more exactly a seeder, a leacher and all those crazy terms mentioned everywhere but not explained?
If the server says that I am unconnectable, but users still upload files from me, without any special invitation or smth, why is that? It is true that am I behind a firewall. Still, I put BT to work on port 80, which, of course, is open. But why the server still says I am unconnectable?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:31 am 
ok. Installing BT and downloading works. But what is more exactly a seeder, a leacher and all those crazy terms mentioned everywhere but not explained?
If the server says that I am unconnectable, but users still upload files from me, without any special invitation or smth, why is that? It is true that am I behind a firewall. Still, I put BT to work on port 80, which, of course, is open. But why the server still says I am unconnectable?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:03 pm 
Guest wrote:
Your not the only retarded who doesn't undertand.
I don't understand it either.
I gues nobody knows how to answer the question in a clear way
so uninstalling bittorent and away it goes

ur both not only the only ones what the f*** is bit tornado anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:09 am 
Question:

Should I be worried if bit tornado says 0.0% after thirty minutes? It says I've already downloaded 2.34 MiB but there's no downloading graph or something. My upload speed is 0 kB/s. Can I change that?

::confused:: :oops:

Post subject: joo noobs cr4ck meh up
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:04 am 
funniest thread I have read. Try reading before you post.

In three days I have learnt how to
-network a mac and a pc,
-discover what torrents were all about as I need certain files I can only get from p2p for my networked mac,
-find a HEAP of torrent sites to check what was available (everything I needed)
-assign static IPs,
-set up port forwarding (after realizing my ISP free supplied modem had port forwarding disabled, I got another older adsl modem I had never used, a conexant without step by step instructions anywhere on the web. Had to read instructions for about 5 unrelated modems to get the jist of what I had to do with my modem),
-install BitTornado which was reviewed as having a difficult interface but the fastest downloads,
-choose the stable version over the experimental one (c'mon, that was the most obvious of all decisions)
-tunnel through my firewall
-achieve the blessed green circle
-test that connections could find me to confirm my port forwarding was working
-download my torrents
-run my torrents, 4 at once, and leave two completed ones on overnight (tonight)

and I am not a coder, or a hacker, or even clever.... oh all right , I might be clever, but

Do your research.
Or just buy ur movies.
3 days I was not working - maybe $400 I didn't earn. That is about 5 months of downloading movies before I am in front. I will be purchasing DVDs from the local video store, not downloading. At 20 kB/s it will still take 100 hours to DL. Is this right?

But I do feel self satisfied at getting it running after reading this thread.

Kinda superior.... a cut above....

(don't ask why I had 3 days free)

Good Luck All!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:50 am 
Great post dude!

Post subject: Reconstuction
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:11 am 
All these Posts... :lol:

And Not a Single word .... on how to Reconstuct Torrent file... Movie.Avi...Program ...Game... :lol:

Post subject: search!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:34 pm 
http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=tor ... ator&meta=

Post subject: Re: idiot's guide
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:41 pm 
Bugger wrote:
Have finally worked it out... I think
Must say that the majority of instructions weren't too good except the guy/girl who gave the anime link combined with the guy who specified torrentspy.

Here goes:

1. Download bit tornado
2. Run it. It will ask for a torrent file. Don't worry close it down.
3. Do a google search for a "torrent" or go to site like [b]REDACTED[/b[
4. Search for the thing you want- eg song title
5. Click the button that says "download torrent"
6. A pop up will appear specifying what you are about to download
7. Accept this
8. Another pop up will then ask where you want to put your file
9. Browse to the folder you want on your pc and press ok - remember the location!
10. You should be downloading now. A pop up with progress window appears.

Well thank god someone knows how to help people

Post subject: HELP!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:38 pm 
ok...so i downloaded something yesterday. it didn't finish but i paused it and turned off the computer anyways. I want bittorndao to finish downloading...but how? i clicked on the not-yet-finished-downloading file but it doesnt work. How do i get bittornado to finish downloading something that i paused before?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:26 pm 
WAveOfFire wrote:
If you installed BitTornado all you have to do is double click on the file and it will start downloading.

please help me whenever i double click the torrent file bittornado says "ERROR PROBLEM CONNECTING TO TRACKER" how do i fix this oh ya and when it does that, the light thing in the top right corner is black.

get back A.S.A.P.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:29 pm 
Hoss wrote:
I got on this site REDACTED / Bought a year subscrition to something that allows me to download movies. What was I paying for?

Were can i search the movies, hit a download button and watch a movie?

One of those computer retards who has a feeling that this might be a scam thing...... :cry:

your not along i did the same darn thing :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:34 pm 
Guest wrote:
Wow..

Ok, i'll try to explain this..

First, bittorrent isnt like kazza, or anything else you seen, you dont just open the program and type what you want. No...

You must first find a .torrent file on the internet. imagin theses files are like hum.. links, for BT: they tell the program WHERE to download what you want. So, if you want to download a video, you go on google, try to find the .torrent for that video.

Then, you run BT and you select the torrent file, and it will download..

Simple, no?

no not simple, i saved the torrent file to my desktop and clicked it, the bittornado thing started and it said error and that stupid light was black.

to be exact it actully said "ERROR PROBLEM CONNECTING TO TRACKER" can you please help me :?: :?: :?:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next