the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: problems
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:49 am 
Why does the program ask for a torrent file before you have had a chance to set your preferences, an ass about way of doing things, not very intuitive and very confusing for new users. Apart from a few notable exceptions, a lousy help forum too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:39 pm 
enyone needs any help im not a whiz but i think i could explaine alittel better than some ppl have but u will have to send me an email first to tell me that u r going to add me on msn theni will try and explaine best i can over msn then once done delete u and block as i have enough friends.....but i can only help on where to get ur torrent files from and how to start downloading them using bt......after that any warnings u get or if it isnt very wquick or u cant connect to a tracker thats beyond me but i can get ya started.........syco212004@hotmail.com email me first b4u try adding me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:13 am 
Honestly I find this forum topic absolutely crazy ... I just downloaded Bit Tornado and just likemany people whopost here I do not find it simple at all to use ... After reading at least four pages of rather, to say the least, unhelpful answers ("well search google mate"), I finally found out what to do in the first window. ie : how to manage to give the program a file to download. By that time I thought : great !
But now the download window has been open for thirty minutes and the "tornado" is still trying to connect to peers, according to it. Does it always take this long or is it my settings that are wrong ? and if so where can I find out in what way they are wrong. This is the first ever program I downloaded that did not have even a token manual or help section...
Now presumably this is what this forum is for... So please someone help ?

And I was wondering too is "REDACTED" some kind of expression the mystery loving moderator puts in the place of any site name the few people who actually try to help newbies write down ? If so maybe an actual english word could work instead.

Sorry if I sound ... unhappy but I've never met up with a help forum that seemed to love keeping things tedious so much.

Thanks anyway in the case where I would be proved wrong and help would be given to me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:30 am 

I had no problems downloading using bittornado 3.17 and I use torrents from ilovetorrents.com.

However ILT has rules about ratios and I cannot figure out how to make the downloaded file available for seeding.

I used to use Bitlord and it would automatically make the file available for uploading but I cannot for the life of me figure out what happends with BTornado.

When I click on the torrent it just starts downloading again and I do not need to have that happen as it will kill my ratio.

Any clues

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5