the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: problems
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:08 am 
I've got two problems remaining. I followed all the instructions, got all the web seeding specifications ironed out and all. the torrent is even registered in my PHPmyadmin.

two questions:

a. does the relative path to the file have a / before it? for e.g. my folder is bit, subfolder files. and lets say i have test.avi inside files. should i then say /files/test.avi or files/test.avi??

b. i get the following error message FROM BITTORRENT when i test my web seed:

BitTorrent T-0.3.1 (BitTornado)
Python version: 2.3.3 (#51, Dec 18 2003, 20:22:39) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)]
wxWindows version: 2.5.1.5
Allocation method: normal

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BitTornado\RawServer.pyc", line 129, in listen_forever
File "BitTornado\BT1\HTTPDownloader.pyc", line 137, in request_finished
File "BitTornado\BT1\HTTPDownloader.pyc", line 165, in _got_data
AttributeError: 'function' object has no attribute 'update_rate'

any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:14 am 

It's a known bug that will be fixed in the next version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:23 am 
TheSHAD0W wrote:
It's a known bug that will be fixed in the next version.

does that mean i can't get a file off of a web seed then? is my web seeding working?? or did i just set up my web seed wrong? cause its not downloading anything from my web seed...

also, any idea when the next version comes out?

finally (sorry for all the nagging), is there some way around the bug- i.e. using other software?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:38 am 

The bug is in the 0.3.1 client; 0.2.0 should work fine downloading from a webseed. Data sent from your webseed will still spread around the torrent. And yes, if 0.3.1 is giving you that error, your webseed is working. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:23 pm 
TheSHAD0W wrote:
The bug is in the 0.3.1 client; 0.2.0 should work fine downloading from a webseed. Data sent from your webseed will still spread around the torrent. And yes, if 0.3.1 is giving you that error, your webseed is working. :P

excellent! i got it working!!!!

so when can we expect a fixed new release of this? i'm not seeing too many clients on my web end cause i'm assuming that most people are using 0.3.1?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:21 pm 

Gonna be a bit yet, I suspect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:53 am 
TheSHAD0W wrote:
Gonna be a bit yet, I suspect.

that's alright. great work shadow, some really impressive stuff you have going here. all the best!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:49 pm 
i have 1 .rar file i want to seed what should i put in @ filebase

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:37 pm 
Im using the latest bittornado source to webseed from one of my sites, im wonder if it is possible to superseed from there as im fining that i can upload 3-4GB file before people complete.

If it is possible please explain how, if its already written down please point me in the right direction as i have had a search already.

thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:54 pm 
it's normal that webseeding doesn't work if you use an filename including http or ftp. when you fill out adseed.php you must take a local folder on the server, any protocol in the name will stop the seed.php script.
it means that the file(s) and the PHP script have to run on one machine. therefore you've got to find out the internal path of your webroot and take this instead of http or ftp. it work's. just look at freelinuxhost.com, just on example. you can store files and have php. your filedir is /home/www/subdomainname/folder/file.xxx

maybe the programmer learns that fseek can't handle http or ftp contents.
better maybe to find an other way for seeking files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:29 am 
DeHackEd wrote:
Okay, couple of points.

First, sha1lib is buggy, but it somehow tends to produce the correct info hash values. You can ignore those offset warnings.

Second, mysql_real_escape_string is missing in some older versions of PHP. You can edit the script you're accessing and replace all occurances of the function name with "mysql_escape_string" (delete the word "real" and one of the underscores around it).

And about btsethttpseeds.py. This is the python script included with the S-5-8-7/T-0-1-4 .zip or .tar.gz package from the downloads page. It modifies .torrnet files to support web seeds. The torrent is still part of the same swarm.

Finally, because I KNOW people are going to bug me about it, I'm putting this up:
http://dehacked.2y.net/BT/MakeWebSeedCGI.php

It's dumb and hopefully self-explanitory.

Good night.

Could you please post php source for "MakeWebSeedCGI.php"? i'm like to modify HTTp Seeder and this one to work with eXoops downloads section. ThanX.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:29 am 
Hi, all!
Can anybody help me to install this webseed?i do it but not working .... bittorrent client get 404 error or 405

big thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:57 pm 
Hi, can somebody explain the correct way to add webseed support to the .torrents? I tried the Radlight guide mentioned but I get synax errors. No matter how I change it to please it it finds something else. I also tried DehackEd's page and added the output .torrent to addseed.php without errors but nothing happens when I try to download, so my guess is that it still isnt quite right. All the other settings are correct, if somebody could explain the proper way to modify the .torrents I'll be set. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:22 pm 
I find the easiest option is to use torrentflux

http://www.torrentflux.com/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3