the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: webseed
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:28 am 
kk lets get this sorted. The webseed program is so a server can seed a file? Say I have the new bittorrent 3.4 on my webhosting space I can use this to seed that file? Just like downloading it normally?

Pete.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:10 am 

Webseed allows any web server with script capabilities (PHP/SQL is currently implemented) to seed a torrent, but you need a client capable of accessing it, and currently (AFAIK) only mine or ones based on mine can do it. 3.4 does not have it. So long as there are a few of my clients in a swarm, in theory webseed should still work despite the rest being incompatible, but currently it's probably not the best thing to use for real distribution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:41 pm 
so basically the program is in development? Is there any other web seed programs? Basically what I want to do is have the downloads on my webpage done via Bittorrent. I still wish to have the site hooked into the torrents though so people still get decent speeds but if everything starts to slow speeds may stay the same because there will be other seeders. Thanks for your help :)

Pete.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:44 pm 

Okay. No. Webseed is designed so a web server can operate as a seed server for a torrent. If you're talking about, click on a link and download via BT without installing a BT client, then no, that's not going to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:28 pm 
I understand that users will have to use a BT client. I just wanted the server to be the seed of the files so people can download via bittorrent and still get the same speeds they would normally downloading. Is this the purpose of your program WebSeed or am I mistaken?

Pete.

Post subject: max uploads
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:11 am 

about the max_uploads in the config file...

is it a maximum per torrent or all torrents in total? if i interperted the script in seed.php correctly its in total right?

if so...would it be possible to change the script to make it count per torrent?

or could u give me a hint on what to change in the script to make it so?

TIA, fietsbel.

Post subject: webseed prob
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:12 am 
Anyone has an idea why a webseed created for a mkv-file would work while one for a rm/rmvb-file (created in the exact same manner) does not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:31 pm 
Hmm.. I need support for webseed.

I tried to install it but it doesn't seem to seed at all.

we have mysql and php installed.

I can see data in the database from myphpadmin

but the actual seed doesn't work. Please inform me what are some common errors to look out for. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:31 am 

To get webseed to work, you must:

(1) Install a webseed script. The one available on the BitTornado site should work.

(2) Upload the torrent data and make the webseed aware of it. DeHackEd's code has a script for doing so, not sure what it's called.

(3) Modify the .torrent file to tell clients where to access the seed. My source package includes the utility "btsethttpseeds.py" for doing so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:26 pm 
Could you explain the (3) please, I didn't understand !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:58 am 
Yeah I need some help too, I've got everything ready to go, but have no idea how to edit the torrent to add this data.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:03 pm 
i can't add a torrent it gives me following error ? This is a good idea anyone have working version on weebseed?

Notice: Undefined offset: 58 in /public_html/seed/sha1lib.php on line 185

Notice: Undefined offset: 59 in /public_html/seed/sha1lib.php on line 69

Notice: Undefined offset: 60 in /public_html/seed/sha1lib.php on line 69

Notice: Undefined offset: 61 in /public_html/seed/sha1lib.php on line 69

Notice: Undefined offset: 62 in /public_html/seed/sha1lib.php on line 69

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_real_escape_string() in /public_html/seed/addseed.php on line 132

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:18 pm 

Okay, couple of points.

First, sha1lib is buggy, but it somehow tends to produce the correct info hash values. You can ignore those offset warnings.

Second, mysql_real_escape_string is missing in some older versions of PHP. You can edit the script you're accessing and replace all occurances of the function name with "mysql_escape_string" (delete the word "real" and one of the underscores around it).

And about btsethttpseeds.py. This is the python script included with the S-5-8-7/T-0-1-4 .zip or .tar.gz package from the downloads page. It modifies .torrnet files to support web seeds. The torrent is still part of the same swarm.

Finally, because I KNOW people are going to bug me about it, I'm putting this up:
http://dehacked.2y.net/BT/MakeWebSeedCGI.php

It's dumb and hopefully self-explanitory.

Good night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:48 pm 
DeHackEd wrote:
Okay, couple of points.

First, sha1lib is buggy, but it somehow tends to produce the correct info hash values. You can ignore those offset warnings.

Second, mysql_real_escape_string is missing in some older versions of PHP. You can edit the script you're accessing and replace all occurances of the function name with "mysql_escape_string" (delete the word "real" and one of the underscores around it).

And about btsethttpseeds.py. This is the python script included with the S-5-8-7/T-0-1-4 .zip or .tar.gz package from the downloads page. It modifies .torrnet files to support web seeds. The torrent is still part of the same swarm.

Finally, because I KNOW people are going to bug me about it, I'm putting this up:
http://dehacked.2y.net/BT/MakeWebSeedCGI.php

It's dumb and hopefully self-explanitory.

Good night.

Ok that seend to work anyway of doing this in windows. I donno python :(
btsethttpseeds.py. Also a rquest if we know the hash can we enter it by ourself thus eliminating option of using the sha1lib.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:34 am 

First of all, about btsethttpseeds.py, you don't need to know python. You just need to use the script which requires python to run. On a related note, did you even visit that link I gave you?

And for the info_hash thing, I can do that, but it'll have to wait until I get home.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next