the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:05 am 
hi.

my advertised download rate is 2000kbps, upload rate 256kps.

may i know ideally what settings should i use (dsl/ cable fast, isdn/dialup, automatic), and what should i set my upload rate and max. uploads too for fastest speeds?

thanks(:

Post subject: Download
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:38 am 
The best settings for max.download at preferences??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:50 pm 
i have a 64 Kbps connection.yeah thats rite Kbps not KB/s.
so wat shud be the ideal connection settings?also i am behind nat and so i dun think ican forward the ports as my ISP doesnt allow that.
pls help get the max out of my connection..

I would be Really grateful.please ignore my grammer.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:43 pm 
I'm running on Bit Comet, I get about 27 Kbps downloading wich I think is ok ( I have a 382 Kbps down & 128 Kbps up connection) I know I should be getting more speed at the download so I want to install BitTornado.

382/8= 47 aprox. I know I should be downloading at about 47 Kbps, with BitTornado can I download at that speed?

Another problem could be that sometimes when I'm dowloading lets say a movie, I get very low dowload rate (10 Kbps or less) Why is that happening?

Another question could be, is BitTornado a Java basis software?

I apreciate any help on this matter.

Thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:52 pm 
also depends on how long you are connected...

i mean.. on the first picture you have bout 40 seeds, on the next you have 90. so theres no clue, that its just because of the settings doublespeed now.. its bcus you have more seeds than in the beginning..

//lol..bad english, sorry ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:42 pm 
which setteing should i put in da perference to get my max download

my download speed is 1536 kbps and my upload is 384 kbps

can any1 plz help me to get dis thing downloading fast plz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:24 pm 
i could not download past 1-2 kb/s but After changing my settings to dialup/isdn and then going to prefs/advanced and changing the max number of peers to 25 i get a staggering max out on my conection
i tried this on a friends 3mbit line and he pulls 322 kb/s now, b4 he got a max of 12

on some ocations it might be slower buts thats if theres noone downloading or seeding the torrent "the torrent is old"

Image :) :D :P 8) :lol: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:49 pm 
thxxxxx so mutch for this topic realy help me out soooooo mutch still not getting as high as connections as u guys im in 60+kbs but it has easy 1/2 the dl time i was dl at 20kbs at max thanks again

is there any thing i can do to make it even better
i got a 1meg connection NTL
not sure what the upload rate is sorry i will find it out and come back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:53 pm 
A couple of things that might help with people's confusion...

Port-forwarding is almost essential if you're accessing the internet through a router, & http://www.portforward.com has idiot-proof guides for most of the models available. :wink:

Next, the majority of ISP's list their options in terms of kilobits per second, whereas torrent-clients tend to work in kiloBytes per second - as stated in an earlier post, to find your upload-bandwidth in kiloBytes you need to divide your ISP's figure by 8, then calculate your 'maximum upload rate' as a percentage of that.

As an example of this, my broadband-package is supposed to be 2Meg down, 256K up. The true figures are 2272 kbps down, 288 kbps up - those are the statistics displayed if i open a web-browser & type 192.168.1.1 into the location-bar & press enter (that's the network-address of my router - see if you can access your's in the same way). Those bandwidth-figures equate to 284 KB down & 36 KB up, so i limit my upload-rate to 28 KB/s (just under 80%) in order to have a usable internet connection while i'm downloading.

(As a Linux-user, i intend to change to the QoS network-queueing system, just as soon as i figure out the nuts & bolts involved - no idea if Windows can do the same thing, sorry :oops: )

It's also important to note that using an unlimited client can actually slow things down, because of the way the TCP-protocol works - every packet of data has to send back an 'acknowledgement-of-receipt' to the sender, & if your bandwidth is flooded, these can fail to get sent properly, causing the same data to be sent more times than necessary.

I hope the link & the brief theory-lesson are helpful to someone - when i get that QoS business sorted out, i'll probably come & gloat about it... :twisted:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3