the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:25 am 
I used BitTornado 0.3.7, source distribution, without any problems, until I tried the "--priority" argument.

I had a directory with 13 files, half of them finished or almost finished. When I decided do download only one file (assuming seeding others) I used --priority -1,-1,-1,0,-1..etc.

BitTornado then deleted all the files in the directory, exept one! :(

This is insane, and afair Azureus don't do stuff like that. Is this a bug?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:46 am 
Not really, priority -1 means do not download (as in you do not want the file), if some of it already has been downloaded it is deleted.
The correct priority line would have been --priority 2,2,2,0,2
But I guess the help could be a little clearer on this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:10 am 
I had the same problem. Restarting the client (because of the tracker, not anything on my end), it deleted all the files I had marked as "download never". However, there's no alternative for me if I dont want to download the file. As far as I'm aware, the only priorities in the windows version are to download it (first,normally,later) or never. It's not that I don't want it, it's that I dont want it to download the pieces for that particular file at that time.

Wouldn't it be better just to leave the file alone and not delete it? Deleting stuff is a one-way street - once its gone, you can't get it back. Or, if you absolutely feel the need to delete it, why not just delete it to the recycle bin? That way if we actually want the file we can restore it.

I'm a little pissed that I now have to re-downloaded 500mb of data at 3k/s because bittornado deleted some complete files unnecessarily.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:25 am 
Kinch wrote:
I had the same problem. Restarting the client (because of the tracker, not anything on my end), it deleted all the files I had marked as "download never". However, there's no alternative for me if I dont want to download the file. As far as I'm aware, the only priorities in the windows version are to download it (first,normally,later) or never. It's not that I don't want it, it's that I dont want it to download the pieces for that particular file at that time.

I'm confused. If you already had the complete file, why on earth would you think that BitTornado would be downloading pieces for that file? And if you only had part of the file and wanted to finish downloading it LATER, why didn't you just set the priority to "download later"?

Justin Bacon
triad3204@aol.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]