the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Seeding? uploading?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:42 pm 
Hi,
I wasn't sure where to post this but maybe someone here can advise?

I noticed whenever I open BitTornado, it goes strait to asking for a file and then a place to download to.....but what if I don't want to download anything, just let some of my files stay on for uploading.

Do I just open the torrent that I have like normal, even though its completed and it will just be available for others while I leave window open and will this ruin my completed file by overwriting it or something?

Or do I need to do something different? Should I have it set on seeding or superseeding for uploading?

I just want to be able to contribute and not just take.....so any help would be really great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:19 pm 

Open the torrent with a completed file and you will be a seed.

I believe they recommended against super-seeding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:27 am 
Just what is super seeding?

(For us N00bs... :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:23 am 
Can you use bit tornado to create a torrent and if not what would you recomend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:24 pm 
I did this but bittornado keeps saying Problem connecting to tracker [7, getaddinfo failed]. I didn't see any 1 connecting to my computer at all. This sucks since i really want to share thsi god of war ps2 game with everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:21 am 

Super seed is for when you are the first person to seed a torrent, it is basically a more efficient way of getting the pieces out into the swarm, but is inneffective when the torrent is already seeded. Use it only when there is less than one full copy in a torrent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:16 pm 
mphare wrote:
Open the torrent with a completed file and you will be a seed.

I believe they recommended against super-seeding

Hi. I had the same exact question and luckily I found it was already answered :)
But: opening a completed torrent will let you upload only that one?
I mean: let's say I have the following torrents completed in the same folder A,B,C,D: if I open A to be a seed for it, then the people who connect to me will be able to download only A or also B,C & D?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:46 am 
Anonymous wrote:
But: opening a completed torrent will let you upload only that one?
I mean: let's say I have the following torrents completed in the same folder A,B,C,D: if I open A to be a seed for it, then the people who connect to me will be able to download only A or also B,C & D?

Yes only A, afaik. You will need to open a new client for every torrent you want to seed. Take your upload capacity into account when opening new clients for seeding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:41 am 
Does it mean I have to keep the client open in order to seed? The problem is it's opening too many windows, unlike other torrent clients. Is there any settings to make them open in a single window?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:09 am 
no but you can always minimize them to the tray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:21 am 
ok here is my problem...... i made a torrent to something that i want to seed but i'm not connected, i have a black light and an error saying "rejected by tracker- invalid passkey (0-)" please i need to get my share ratio up how do i get connected? that would be soooo great if you could help me

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]