the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:56 am 
I Love Bit Tornado and use it on my 'dows box very happily, also I use the GUI client on my GNU Linux box as it's so much better than the official client, how ever, with btlaunchmany.py it seems to download some of the torrent then peter out to almost nothing but the upload rips away, to the point that I have a share rating of 16 or something ridiculous before the download finishes, if it ever does finish.

I have wonder shaper limiting my up and download speeds to about 50% of the available bandwidth to leave plenty spare for my VPN and other things and I've tried versions 0.3.8 & 0.3.10 with the same results, the official client doesn't do this and downloads at the same rate as the GUI would (however the ability of tornado not to have to do complete hash checks every time you restart a download is a big motivation to use the Shadow's client).

What have I done wrong? Google doesn't know.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:52 am 
Ah, actually, I spoke too soon, version 0.3.8 of the GUI downloaded fine (20 up and 80 down) but it appears that with version 0.3.10 the GUI is as slow as the command line version, (presently 17 up and 3 down) while this has been great for my share rating (currently at 3.775) it's a bit frustrating, is there anything I can do to fix this as I'd rather not go back to the official client.

If there is anything I can do to help let me know through here.

Thanks

Bob

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]