the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Just Downloaded, And WTF
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 am 
Ok i just downloaded this tornado deal, and the whole idea i guess is cool. but unless youve probably been doing this thing for a while, its a shitty program, or so it may seem. Before i got this, i used regular BT and would click a file to download, it would connect to peers, and would download no problem, except it was rather slow, so i wanted to be able to change the settings and allow it to go faster. I did the port forwarding thing, and that helped a bit. then i see this tornado thing. i download it, and start to try it out. i click the file i want to download, and its been 4 mins and its still trying to connect to peers. now I KNOW the problem is not that theres no one to download it from, becuase before i got this tornado thing, there were plenty of people. it cant be a problem with the ports, because everything was all good with the bittorent program.

also, WTF, you people speak of '% of upload rate and download rate'. well how the fuck do i figure out my connections max rate? when you help, sometimes u need to keep in mind that not all of us do this shit all the time. so please if you help, go into detail and use lamen terms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:39 am 
Well after about 8 mins, i got one person im downloading from, and its bouncing between 0 and 1 kb/s....i dont know what settings i need to use, because i dont know my connection max and min of all that shit. i have dsl, should i put it on dsl fast settings? i saw some guy put it on isdn/dial up when he obviouslt didnt have those connections. WTF this shit is wierd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:55 am 

I wouldn't worry about it. It's probably a reading and researching issue.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]