the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: WHo wrote this crap???
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:05 pm 
No help, no info - no way to even TRY to fugure out how to get started....and NOBODY here even tries to help out.

Just look at all the WONDERFULLY HELPFULL replies to all the people trying to use Bittorrent for the first time! BAH :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:14 am 

And you paid HOW MUCH for this program?

If you wish to volunteer your time writing documentation for this, that'd be great. If you'd like to donate money for the purpose, that'll work too. But you're not going to find bitching about software that's cost you nothing to be very productive. If you don't like it, don't use it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:56 pm 
..well today after a number of different people recently said this is the one to get, I finally installed the BitTorrent-experimental-S-5.8.11-w32install.exe (wasn't really sure how different the BitTornado-0.2.0-w32install.exe was from that) ...but for my first download ever of a BitTorrent file was today using this version, and it took me a minute to figure out how to insert the link but was easy once I realized - I love this neat little app. I like the install too because there was hardly any registry entries to speak of, and just a basic programs folder install - it worked really easy and slick, I love it..
..and so just now reading the OP complaint post, and then the programmers response, I had to jump in too and give my support for such a nice little app, made of pure basic simplicity too ...thanks Shadow

endeavor

Post subject: WTF BILL?!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:16 am 
TheSHAD0W wrote:
And you paid HOW MUCH for this program?

I got it for five dollars from a bastard at school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:07 pm 

:roll:

Well, I suggest you go to him for support; after all, you paid for it...

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:08 am 

All vicious bitching aside, there really SHOULD be more info on how to work this program. If you want a successful shareware program (e.g. a successor to Kazaalite), people have to know how to use it. I have to admit that when I first downloaded this a while ago I didn't use it because it seemed like such a hassle to figure it out (and it was). I assume the goal here is to have many users, with many files, all sharing and tralalaing through cyberspace?

I do see a donate link on the program but for some reason I'm not feeling very generous... hmm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 8:12 am 

Tell that to Bram, that's his donation link and he didn't write much in the way of docs either. :P

Really, BitTorrent is meant to work pretty easily; install, then restart your browser, then click a .torrent link and the downloader auto-starts. Sites that serve files via BT should give this basic information.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:55 pm 
I dunno wtf you're talking about... I literally clicked install, clicked on a torrent file, and it automatically started downloading. Simple as that.

Post subject: FAQ
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:48 am 
Here's a good place to start for info on how to use BT clients.

helped me when i first started.

http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/

BW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:55 pm 
How stupid can people be? CLICK on FAQ if you don't understand how to use it. If you are too lazy to read FAQ, we aren't going to help you learn how to read. It doesn't take a rocket scientist figure out how to use it.

Damn impatient brain dead leecher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:54 am 

TheSHAD0W wrote:
:roll:

Well, I suggest you go to him for support; after all, you paid for it...

:lol:

Seriously though, the FAQ could do with some work. I would be willing to help but I don't know anything about the technical side of things. Maybe someone could offer to let me ask them all the Questions I can think of and I will write up their answers in the friendliest possible way?

(That is to say, the friendliest way I possibly can, not the necessarily the friendliest way possible)

Cheers

Juice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:11 pm 
may i suggest to those who are bitching at this FREEWARE provided by a very patient man to unsuscribe from your isp, uninstall your os, and sell your computer. please consider being omish thnx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:12 pm 

Go to the guy and bitch for your money back... since it is a free program..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:24 pm 
The hardest thing about Bittorrent is actually having the patience to find a Tracker that stays up for longer than a week and works exactly as you want it to.

Here's a puzzle for certain 31337 Bittorrent programmers: Can you code something that works on the same principles as the Kademlia Protocal, which has been included with recent versions of Emule? If you can, then you will be saving potential seeders a lot of trouble. I only wish that I had any programming talent myself so that I could realise how feasable this task really is.

In any case, here is a link to a Kademlia description document:
http://www.cs.rice.edu/Conferences/IPTPS02/109.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:11 am 

Chrysomyr, this is the wrong place to discuss that sort of thing. One could adapt a BT-like sharing system to that base, but the result wouldn't be BitTorrent. BT isn't meant for piracy, it's meant for the distribution of legitimate data, and people setting up trackers for that purpose have few problems keeping them working. It's only the pirate trackers that keep getting shut down.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next