the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:31 pm 
Hello,

I am sitting in a LAN, have no external IP address and there is no way I could convince the administrator to do port forwarding to my computer or smth. So I get all these Firewalled/NAT problems, etc (I think, I am a bittorrent newbie). And I am not able to use any of eDonkey, etc networks due to firewalls.

However, recently ipv6 was implemented in our network, and I have an ipv6 address. After some reading.. I found some hope. Theoretically, I have an external IP. However, the only of p2p networks suitable to work with ipv6 is bittorrent, and I found out that BitTornado supports ipv6. So I was very eager to try it out, however all I get is red light and "connecting to peers" for many torrents I have tried. And it is the same whether I have ipv6 turned on or off in Prefs.

Browsing through this site I have found about the testing torrent:
http://forums.degreez.net/viewtopic.php?t=1457
When I used it, I got "rejected by tracker - NAT check failed. Check for firewalls or port forwarding" message. I suppose it should not be so, when using ipv6?

And I am using no firewall.

So if anyone could help me with this ipv6 stuff.. I would be forever grateful. Thanks alot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:06 am 

There's a bug in the current IPv6 handling. It will be fixed in the next release.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]