the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:53 pm 

I am new to Bit Tornado and am having trouble turning the download into something watchable. BT tells me the download is successful, the bar in the GUI is completely green, and the dot above that is yellow, despite having full access through my firewall. From this position I have the option of pausing the download or finishing it., but no option of watching or playing the download. Adding to the confusion is the fact that BT gives no information as to where on my computer the download has gone. Hopefully it is simply that I do not have the correct media player installed.
Please only answer this post if you understand my problem and can spell. I have seen similar requests on this forum receive little help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:07 am 
when u first open the bt link off the web it askes u where do u want to save it at.... that is where ur file being downloaded to

u can open or watch it once the file is done by opening the file in whatever u download it to. also if u rename the file before u download it make sure u put back the extention so u can open it properly like .avi, .rar , etc etc

if u are downloading multi files at once u can view the ones that are already done while u are still download the rest. u can watch them even ur bt is still running cuz bittornado simpily ignore the files that are completed and u can open them but cannot rename, move, and any editting.

yea hope this helps

Post subject: Oh boy.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:08 pm 
Quote:
From this position I have the option of pausing the download or finishing it., but no option of watching or playing the download.

That's because BT is just a download client -- period. It is not a text editor, image viewer, or movie player -- just a downloading tool (and the minute it becomes otherwise is when I find another client). Once you download the file you can use a program associated with the type of file you've just downloaded to view it -- e.g. WinAmp for MP3; WMP for AVI. Most often files are compressed into a RAR/ZIP/TAR format to "shrink" the file size as much as possible so sending it takes less time. In this case you'd need a program such as WinRAR or WinZip to uncompress them so you can do what you will with the files therein.

Quote:
Adding to the confusion is the fact that BT gives no information as to where on my computer the download has gone.

On my version (3.10SP), it says right there on the main GUI window: "Download to: D:\[Path]"

It sounds like you're new to computers as well and BT assumes a deal of experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:41 am 

Thanks very much for the help, guys. I've switched to Azureus and I've been able to get the stuff running really well. The content of your posts really helped me figure it out. Thanks once again.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]