the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:28 pm 
Hey,

I'm new to bittornado and .torrent files but am experienced with computers and computer applications. While starting to download a torrent I try to screw around with the uploading and max download rate as everyone says to do to try to receive a better speed, the problem is i get like 20-30 kb/sec and like 60 upload/sec and i know with my connection i should easily be getting over 100 kb/sec. Can anyone help

My current settings are:
DOwnload rate: 56 kb/sec
Upload Rate: 115 kb/sec
COnnected to 15 peers
COnnected to 8 seeds
Im on automatic mode

P.S. Everywhere i go on this site someone is always saying something about the yellow light in the corner of the box and that it should be some different color. In my box the light is yellow but i can still download files and have downloaded files. Is this yellow light what is screwing me up or is it just some error because i can still download?

Some please help me before i start crying!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:53 pm 

Basically it means you're firewalled so you can only download from other users that aren't firewalled (instead of from all users).

Here are the details from a link on the main page:
http://bt.degreez.net/firewalled.html

John

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]