the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Slow download speeds :(
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:30 am 
Hey guys I just started using these torrent things just yesterday but my downloads always go really slow. If i was to download a file normally ok it would go 25-30 kb/s and in the torrents it rarely goes over about 3 :S

Why is this? I read the FAQ's on the website and uninstalled Norton and disabled firewall and it still don't go any faster.

Help!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:46 am 
your lucky i cant get above 10 kb

Post subject: downloadspeeds
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:51 pm 
It would be nice if someone could post how to use the "settings" with out any smart ass comments like "do a google search" Actually it would be usefull to have a real setup and users article somewhere on this website. I am new to using BT and so far the user guides have amounted to bits and pieces that other guest have posted.

Here is what is needed:

1. complete setup guide

2. what all the different setting are for

3. how to tweak the settings for best transfer both ways

I am sure many of the long time users here know what I am asking for, how about sharing some usefull information.

p.s I rather dislike the term "leach" we all started with nothing and frankly I get more downloads from the "leachs" than I do the seeds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:14 pm 
nom, is the 20-30kb/s download speed from torrents or normal files? if its from a normal file then your torrent download speed could be about right. This is because you're not forced to get your true capable speeds through torrents due to the fact that other people might not be giving you anything.

also, what internet connection do you have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:25 am 
Well sometimes I have some relly good download speeds (I got over 200kbps at the end of dling 1 torrent) But most of the times I can get the most 70 or so kbps even if there are a lot of seeds and peers (most of them don't send me anything :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:39 pm 
i have tried different programs with the same result.
i get 20 average kB speed,
i see guys saying thier in the hundreds how,
i have no firewalls, my port is forwarded but crappy speed,
does it take 999 hrs for everyone else
oh and yes the torrent has about 900 users

Post subject: Re: downloadspeeds
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:07 pm 
SteveBe wrote:
It would be nice if someone could post how to use the "settings" with out any smart ass comments like "do a google search" Actually it would be usefull to have a real setup and users article somewhere on this website. I am new to using BT and so far the user guides have amounted to bits and pieces that other guest have posted.

Here is what is needed:

1. complete setup guide

2. what all the different setting are for

3. how to tweak the settings for best transfer both ways

I am sure many of the long time users here know what I am asking for, how about sharing some usefull information.

p.s I rather dislike the term "leach" we all started with nothing and frankly I get more downloads from the "leachs" than I do the seeds.

Amen to that 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:52 pm 
hey guys i find that i cant get it over the 100 kbps mark eather actually its around 20 most of the time now is 60 seeders good or not?
and another thing should i only download 1 torrent at a time will it slow down the other one if im downloading more than 1???

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:48 am 
SynTax wrote:
i have tried different programs with the same result.
i get 20 average kB speed,
i see guys saying thier in the hundreds how,
i have no firewalls, my port is forwarded but crappy speed,
does it take 999 hrs for everyone else
oh and yes the torrent has about 900 users

The more you seed the more you leech.

If that's not your problem make sure your port forwarding with your router and opening ports in your firewall. I just changed these settings today and I believe it helped me alot.

Also, if your using BitTornado every so often do "Manual Announce" it helps to find more seed/leechers.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]