the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:20 am 
Hopefully someone can give me some direction on what to do :cry: . I've recently changed to bit tornado - yeah sure I've heard its the bom. Im on DSL, and from what I gather my provided download speed is crap. I have run the broadband speed test on my puter and the results are 225.8kbps or 27.7k bytes / sec, (500 kilobytes took 18.07 sec to download). Does this sound right :?: Do I need a better provider in order to give strengh to my download rate? Can someone suggest settings that would work best for what crap I have. I have tried playing around with it, the best I've had is 18-20k which I know is shit slow compared to other posts I've read. I have read the faQ, disabled my virus programs, tried to run connection checker while downloading but every port fails (even though Im downloading and got the green ???) - this Im sure comes down to stupid puter user :shock: I've read all I can, run all the tests, Im sooo lost - The Shadow are u out there? Plezzzzzz help me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:55 pm 
Its sounds like you are on a 256k DSL Plan. If thats the case then 20-25KB/Sec is normal.

What you need to do is foward the port that BitTornado uses in your ADSL router.

Also d/l speed is determined by how many peers there are and how fast they are uploading. Some torrents will be fast while others can be slow.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]