the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sharing
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 7:37 pm 
When I am downloading my .torrent files the light stays yellow, but it will download. It will download rather slowly, but it will download.

My share rating stays in the .2's. And it's got a frowny face next to it. Let's say I wnat to share some files on my computer, let's say I want to share all of the files on my hd. How do I do that? I want to share all the files on my HD because to my understanding the more I share, the faster my dl's go right? I have included a screenshot of my downloads to maybe help you guys help me.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/t ... enshot.bmp

As you can see the light is yellow but I can still download. Why's that? And how come there is a frowny face next to my share rate which constantly stays under .5? You cant see the share rate in that pic, but thats what it is, how do i boost it? Will boosting it allow faster dl's?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:30 am 

:roll: Why would you want to share all your files?You only need to run a torrent you've d/l'd.Try downloading at dsl/cable slow.Then when you've got it dsl/cable fast. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:17 am 

If you want to share, leave the .torrent running after you've downloaded the files. Keep it running until it gets to at least 1 share ratio, then you get a nice smilie face :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]