the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:58 pm 
ok, I just got a server with linux on it and I installed BitTornado on it. I ran python setup.py install and it seemed to install everything normally. However, when I tried to run it, it didn't recognize any of the scripts. I went into usr/bin/btdownloadcurses.py and noticed that the first line wasn't pointing to the correct python directory (it said #! usr/bin/env python and I changed it to !# usr/bin/python) tried to run it and it started up. so far so good I guess. But once it tries to announce to the tracker I get a generic error: problem connecting to tracker" and I don't get a peer list. I am however connected to the tracker because I show up in the torrent stats. Peers will slowly connect to me as they announce and get my IP. This happens with every tracker I try (except for one which doesn't recognize me at all.) and I'm wondering since the installation didn't go smoothly that the problem is there, but I tried reinstalling and have the same problems. This is a very strange problem kind of like the opposite of having blocked ports where I can't connect to other peers but they can connect to me. This problem is more annoying then anything but I would like to get it figured out. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]