the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Installing on FC4
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:43 am 
Hi guys, wondering if someone can give me a hand getting bittornado to work?

Ive just jumped from WIN/MAC to FC4. So far im finiding it pretty good, finally getting my head around the CLI. :)

So far i have installed bittorrent (using the command "sudo yum install bittorrent"). That completed properly.
I now want to get the gui going (cos ive been unable to figure out the CLI options for starting a torrent, nothing i try seems to make it work..). Unfortunately, im not too familiar with the unix filesystem (yet), so im not too sure where i should be putting the source that i downloaded, how to build and install etc. I am a C++ programmer, so im well confused tbh, i cant even find gcc (I though all linux variants come with some version of gcc??)
I noticed that there is a sticky at the top abouit installing on unix, but the link now seems to be dead. Does anyone have any other links or words of advice?

System Specs:
i386 (P3)
512MB Ram,
3 * IDE HDD (system drive : 40GB (ext3??), secondary split in to 3 each 35GB (all Fat32), tertiary 40 GB(Fat32))
OS - Fedora Core 4 (DVD dowload version). I installed using anaconda, selecting the developer option, and allowing anacoda to manage my partitions.

Thanks in advance
Paul

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]