the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Using termainl
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:02 am 
:cry: can someone please tell about the 5th step of installling bittornado.
i do not know how to use terminal at all. when i opened btdownloadgui.py, two Terminal windows popped out. one says bash and the other one i forgot. i dont know what to do next.

Any pointers to how to use this program would be greatly appreciated. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:13 pm 
If you've got 'terminal windows' & a 'bash-prompt' i'd guess you're running Linux with an X-windows session - can you let us know which distro & desktop-environment you have?

Also, if 'btdownloadgui.py' caused something to happen, at least you've got it installed, which is more success than others have had. :lol:

If you want to use the terminal-based version of bittornado, the command to use is 'btdownloadcurses.py', & it has a long list of possible options - try typing just that command without passing it a filename to open, & see for yourself.

The graphical user-interface is much simpler to use initially, but fits the Gnome desktop-environment better than KDE - if you're running Gnome, you probably just need to setup your 'MIME-types' so that torrent-files open automatically with it... :wink:

Post subject: errors
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:41 am 
thanks for your help. now i got it installed but there are always errors.

i use mac os x and the following is the error:

BitTorrent T-0.3.14 (BitTornado)
Python version: 2.4.1 (#2, Mar 31 2005, 00:05:10)
[GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1666)]
wxWindows version: 2.6.1.0

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/Ivan/Documents/Downloads/BitTornado-CVS/btdownloadgui.py", line 476, in onInvoke
apply(event.func, event.args, event.kwargs)
File "/Users/Ivan/Documents/Downloads/BitTornado-CVS/btdownloadgui.py", line 2019, in onChooseFile
if d2 == default:
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xd4 in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)

i wonder if you can figure it out. I will appreciate for anyone's help. :o

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]