the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:08 pm 
when i open "bit tornado" a default window comes up telling me to "Choose .torrent file to use" and this window will not let me skip it and go directly to the "Bit Torrent T-0.3.14 (BitTornado) download". i don't have any .torrents and i'm not trying to download a torrent at this time. i'm trying to set my "prefs" i have tried using a number of files, but they don't work.

when i try to close this window it immediately shuts down my "BitTornado" window and opens a different window that says "BITTORRENT USAGE". this is a list of "Arguments". i basically cannot do anything with this page. if i click on "OK", the page immediately shuts down and an Error window appears. this window says "btdownloadgui.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". then you get the same old "send error report" or "don't send" ...or "Debug".

i am at a loss. i have just been trying to get into the "prefs" page to work on forwarding my ports, but i can't even get my "BitTornado" to open.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

i am on a brand new computer that i am just starting to learn my way around on. i have the new version of BitTornado and i am using Windows XP 2005.

Post subject: still trying
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:23 pm 
i un-installed version 3.14 and re-installed version 3.7.

same problem.

Post subject: update
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:54 am 
just to give you other lost souls an update on what this dumba$$ (me) is doing to try and figure this out.

i only have very small amounts of time to work on this so i trouble shoot it for a few minutes every night. ...i have a 2 week old baby girl which keeps my wife and i very busy.

last night i found a way to get to my preferences by just going to a website and starting a download.

even though i don't have any ports forwarded yet and i haven't done anything with my firewall, i just started and i was able to get the ball rolling on the instructions i got from www.portforward.com

i'll keep posting what i'm doing. at this rate i should have it figured out sometime next week.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:22 pm 
hardly anytime for anything? get a new job and free up some time, you noob! :roll:

Post subject: i'm getting there
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:19 pm 
i think i have it figured out.

i'm downloading and my light is green.

but i'm downloading very slowly.

maybe it will speed up after it's been running for a while.

no time ...work on a farm ...for my dad.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]