the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 9:44 pm 
S I got BitTornado and installed it and tried to get a torrent, but it still used the other Bit Torrent, so i uninstalled that one and then tried, but it gave me this wierd error that gave me the directory of my temporary folder and then another WIERD directory that ended with

""file name".torrent" and then said that

the specied path does not exist, please chek the path and try again

so then i reinstalled Bit torrent and it worked fine, so i uninstalled bit tornado and bit torrent and then just installed bit tornado and im still ending up with the same error. I can still use bit tornado, but i have to do it manually: save target as for the .torrent and then open bit tornado and open the torrent file. Since that is a really slow way, can someone please tell me how to make it my default torrent downloader?
THNX!
and plz dont tell me that i should haev searched for it, i didnt know what to search for!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:55 am 
Go to the Windows Control Panel, open Folder Options, go to the File Types tab and search for the ".torrent" extension, click on Advanced and choose Open, then click Edit. The command line should read "<path>\btdownloadgui.exe" --responsefile "%1" path is where you installed bittornado and don't forget the quotation marks.

There is another problem with the internet explorer cache, so it's better to always save the torrents to disk first and then open bittornado. To do this set "Confirm open after download" at the torrent file extension advanced window.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:12 pm 
THNX A LOT MAN, u were really helpful, now it works!!!! w00t
thnx :lol: :o :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:37 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Go to the Windows Control Panel, open Folder Options, go to the File Types tab and search for the ".torrent" extension, click on Advanced and choose Open, then click Edit. The command line should read "<path>\btdownloadgui.exe" --responsefile "%1" path is where you installed bittornado and don't forget the quotation marks.

There is another problem with the internet explorer cache, so it's better to always save the torrents to disk first and then open bittornado. To do this set "Confirm open after download" at the torrent file extension advanced window.

After clicking Open and Edit I'm not sure which line is the Command Line. Could you help me out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:45 am 
Guest wrote:
After clicking Open and Edit I'm not sure which line is the Command Line. Could you help me out?

That should be "Application used to perform action".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:59 pm 
I faced a simliar problem. I click on the link of the torrent file and I get a all the computer garbage characters. The old client just click on it, it will start the d/l screen.

I tried what Guest wrote but I can't find the torrent link to amend. I'm using Win98SE.

I still can d/l by saving the file link first, open bittornado client and open it.

Anyone can help.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:40 am 
Is the .torrent extension associated with bittornado, that means can you double-click torrents in explorer and it opens bittornado? If yes, there also has to be an entry in the file types dialog.
What browser do you use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:44 am 

If you're using Mozilla, then if the server you're clicking a torrent link on doesn't have its MIME types configured properly, you'll wind up with garbage on the screen. The solution then is to shift-click the link and save it locally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:32 pm 
I did a reinstall of the bittornado client it works now. Don't know why as long can double-click the link and download, I fine with it.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:24 pm 
Thanks "Guest" for the help. You are a life saver. I'd about given up on this client. I took your advice and did the file association and viola it worked. Muchly appreciated.

Stamp44

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]