the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:03 am 
Hi
Can anybody inform me if there is any way I can tell my Bit Tornado to only download?
I am well aware of the fact Bittorrent only works if everybody does their share of uploading. And I do, but I have a maximum ulpoad quotum from my provider. As I have uploaded to much the recent weeks, the only way to continue downloading is if I temporarily shut the uploading off.

thanx. KK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:34 pm 
Short answer is, you can't. You have to have some portion of it uploading. You can change the settings to slow the upload but you are also slowing the download. Also, ppl will see you aren't sharing and ignore you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:45 pm 
Take Care, big trackers log ips that are not uploading the same as downloading ( ......... sometimes the admins share those ips with each other) and put them on the waiting list. If you are not going to upload the same as downloaded, do not complain later about the downloading speed later. Althought you can reduce the upload limit to minimum if this is going to boost your download rate but remember to stay uploading until your ratio is almost 1.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]