the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:59 pm 

Ok here's the deal. At home i have only 56k so i cant practically use it for anything but random surfing. On the other hand, on my university i have acces to public computers which have like 100mbit connection. The thing is all ports but http, ftp and ssh are blocked so i was wondering if i could use BT to connect through those ports.

If that cant be done i thought of another solution, i have ssh access to the server of that same university which doesnt have any ports blocked so i can use it to tunnel any connection through it but when i set up a tunnel i acces the remote machine by typing localhost:port which makes it practically impossible to use this for any kind of p2p software. If my knowledge is insufficent and there is a way to use ssh tunnels for bittorrent and any other p2p software i would be grateful if someone would instruct me on how to do it.

If that isnt possible i thought of a third solution i like the best, but i lack knowledge on how to do it. On that same server i can run bt in console only, tried downloading a 200mb torrent and it worked perfectly but i have a quota of 500mb on that same server so i would need to slice large torrents into <500mb pieces. For example there is an active DBZ torrent which has been active for a while but is 13gb heavy, files inside it are ~200mb so i could get 2 at a time. What i want to know is how can download specific files from a torrent in console mode?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:07 pm 

nevermind, i searched this forum more throughly and found a solution somewhere, plus it would show up every time you ran btdownloadcurses without any arguments but i havent noticed it before. Anyways if someone else had the same problem here is the solution.

--priority <arg>
a list of file priorities separated by commas, must be one per file, 0 = highest, 1 =
normal, 2 = lowest, -1 = download disabled (defaults to '')

for example if you have a torrent of 10 files and you want to dl only the 3rd file, you would run it like this:

Code:
btdownloadcurses --priority -1,-1,1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]