the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:40 am 

I am new at this and have a few questions. First, how is the bit torrent protocol different from emule? I have used emule for about 5 years to get music, movies, software, books, etc, and it is very easy to use. I have heard about bit torrent for many years but until today, have not been able to figure out how to use it. This changed when I wanted to get TV show "Mister Roger's Neighborhood". It couldn't be found anywhere on emule. I went to some other websites and found Mister Roger's Neighborhood, but it was just a tiny pointer file, and not the real video. Looking further, (to make use of this pointer file) I seem to need to download some kind of bit torrent software. That was not clear to me what that was. Was that a generic term to describe a category of software, or an exact name of software? Unfortunately, where I am, the term "torrent" is censored, so I couldn't get a lot of info on the topic or download any software with the name "torrent" as part of the name. I finally downloaded and installed the software called "Bit Tornado" and this software seemed to be compatible with the pointer file. I was able to get "Mister Roger's Neighborhood" to start downloading. I do have another question. As a test, I downloaded a music file. After it finished downloading, I tested it by playing it- no problem. My question is, if I want to share that music file with others, is it necessary to keep the download box (the box that says "download succeeded") open? In other words, if I close that download box, does the sharing stop? I want to share my downloaded files, but I don't like to have all these icons (corresponding to each downloaded file) on the taskbar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:14 am 

Emule and other fucked up progs are on most sites banned. Bt is great and easy and accepted everywhere.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]