the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:43 pm 
I get up down speeds of about <10 kB/s and i get a total speed of around 600 kB/s... whats the deal and how can i make the x-fer faster?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:10 pm 
How fast are you uploading and what is the maximum possible upload rate your connection can achieve?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:30 am 

I'm using Bit Torrent 3.4.1 and Bit Torrent S-5.8.7 and currently on the Far.Cry.DVD.Final-DEVIANCE I'm downloading at 16kb/sec and uploading at 91kb/sec with the upload rate at 0 (default) and max uploads at 4 (default)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:45 am 

Throttle your upload speed. Start knocking it down in notches until your download speed stabilizes. Usually ~80% of your max upload bandwidth is a good limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:23 am 

I have the same problem ... i am uploading more than i am downloading while i am connected to 30+ trackers and some seeders and total speed is almost 600kb/s !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:12 pm 
i have a total speed of 600 kB/s and the upload is usually only <10kB/s and the download is usually <10 kB/s. What is the difference between upload download and total speed?... and what can i do to arrange them to equalize. I have a fast cable connection 5 mbit at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:18 pm 
i am connected to an average of 40 peers and 6-10 seeds and the max dl ive seen is about 5 kB/s and the total speed is around 300 kB/s. What is going on? can someone explain the whole total speed vs the ul/dl speed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:45 pm 
i've written a little guideline about finetuning downloads that also explains the UL/DL/total speed
http://btstuff.i-networx.de/bthelp.html

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]