the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: FOUND SOLUTION!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:40 pm 
HEy guys if you had the same case i had the torrent dying(the green light going black), your internet connectin droping(and couldn't acces the internet[webpages]), the ligths of your modem were still good and reseting your modem will fix everything, BUT you didnt have a firewall or those programs described above(in the other replies) like Norton and such Well guesss what IT MIGHT BE YOUR MODEM. Everything happend when Hurrican katrina hit FL my lights wehn off a couple of times nothing serious(really just flicks when wires touch eachother from the strong winds) It seems that my modem got messed up but i didnt notice until one of my friends told me that that could had happend and GUESS WHAT after i changed my modem( my internet probider sent my a new one) Everything is FIXED no more internet Drops no more Dead torrents its been 2 nights and nothings happens When before my internet used to drop ramdom times, well not anymore...

I hope my espirience help you guys

Very Happy guy =+)

P.S: i was "very sad guy =+( " =+P

Post subject: download freezes
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:33 am 
I recently started using BT and had the same problem as you all: My network freezes within the hour. Reboot was the best or only solution. Since I limited the max peers connections to 60 ( prefs - advanced ) and start only one torrent at a time freezing is history : :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:12 am 
Alot of the time these problems are cause by a buffer over runs in modems/routers causing strange results like
can upload and can't download
can download and can't upload
speeds reduced to bytes/sec instead of your full net speed
no traffic at all etc. etc.

Thing you can do is
reduce the peers to 60 or even less
reduce upload/download speed
convince your ISP or Modem manufacturer to fix thier products increasing the internal buffers or release firmware to fix them.

We in Australia on ISDN had our ISP replace the NT1+11 units with new models with double the buffers over the old units and release about 6 different new firmwares till we were all happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:53 am 
Seems this thread has become a catch-all for every type of disconnection going, which is a nuisance as no-one has come up with a solution to this specific one. The previous post is not relevant to the issue which kicked this thread off for instance.

The original problem mentioned (and repeated sporadically throughout, amongst the other 'similar'problems) is definately caused by a Windows update. Now, in the name of Christ, if you don't have this specific problem stay off this thread and go start another or we'll never solve this.

My problem started when I opted for an 'optimization' in System Mechanic. Before I knew what had happened it had connected to MS and downloaded and installed all the latest updates (fuke-ups!). I never install Windows fuke-ups, so I was none too impressed and even more so when the connections kept dropping with BitTorrents.

I solved the problem by installing the following patches etc.
sguide_tweak_2k_pppoe.zip
sg_webtweak_2k.zip
TCPOptimizer.exe
EvID4226Patch223d-en

I also reduced my number of connections in BitTornado to 50 in line with the patch above. Problem solved.

The latest however, and I'm sorry for this, is that my good lady has since utilized the 'optimize' option in System Mechanic again but without allowing the new downloaded Windows update to install and the same symptoms have resurfaced. I've rolled back the tcp settings in System Mechanic and re-run all the patches etc. above to no avail.

Despite hours and hours searching I can't find much pertinent information on this problem on the net and am now further from the solution; it's driving me mad!

I do hope the above patches will help some of you with the original problem though. Somebody find an answer, please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:26 am 
I have had the issue crop up only recently, within this week. I do run NOD32 but had IMON disabled and still had the issue. Changed ports I forwarded, thinking ISP was catching on and same story; dead within 10 minutes, fixed by a reboot. Something is amiss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:56 am 
OK, I am not exactly sure when this problem happened for me, but I believe it may have been also when Comcast upgraded the speed of my service (2mb -> 4mb). I know this thread is supposed to be for the update in windows, but just thought this might help. Oh and when it happens all my computers lose internet connection including an Apple. I've already changed routers, modems and had comcast look at my line. It just happens. The only fix is to unplug and plug back in the modem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:36 pm 
I have this problem
Sometimes the torrent freez, speed is 0/0
i have to restart the torrent
I have the win xp firewall
My xp os is new with all the updates

I fixed the problem using another torrent client

But i prefer BitTornado, because it is the fastest

I will wait for the next version

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:28 am 
For whatever it's worth,here is what happened to me, after losing web connection a few times using azureus, I decided to watch my PC and the download progress, and just sort of try and find out what happens before I lose my web connection and sure enough, a message pop up at the bottom bar that says" sync option," and then one of the torrents I was downloading started seeding all of a sudden ,when it was just 75% finished, after a few minutes , bam! my web connection is gone , though my router tells me i am still connected. Go figure. It happens with bittornado as well. I switched to Utorrent and no disconnection so far , just a nat error.

Post subject: hello
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:37 am 

hi to all the people.
it seems that last days also i have the problem with bittornado
it says that is been disconnectet and everything freezes up.
it requires resetthe only thing you can do.
i read all the post.
i did recently an windows update including kb840374
i these file really the root of our problems.
has anyone solve that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8