the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:25 pm 
I think its the ZA 5.0 also, im using the client aswell, and its apparently using 100% cpu power for 1 window of download, which later on leads to crash... I liked the new features of ZA 5.0 but, if bt stops working :/ i just upgraded to 5.0 yesturday...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:41 pm 
I am having EXACT same problems of freezing with the arrow moving around but applications not opening up, did u guys find out a problem yet? :( If it is ZA 5.0 that would be sad.

Post subject: yep me too!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:39 pm 
I'm also having these strange freezing problems, but they've only been happening for the past few days(almost the same time as I have installed ZA 5, before I had the latest 4.9!)

My torrents drop to 0 and indeed, when opening taskmanager sometimes the torrents come back to life. Mostly my pc seems to be working, but internet is not responding. I need to reboot my pc to go back on the web.

I thought it was some kind of virus or otherwise hacking/dialer stuff but non found. I too have the latest zonealarm version, I however have the suite version instead of the normal version. I also have xp set on auto-update, so I also have all the updates!

Doesn't matter if I have one torrent window open or 10.. shit still happens!

I will deinstall za5 and see what happens... hope we can solve this soon! Anyone tried a different client with ZA 5?

demon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:30 am 
this is not going right now.. i just tried on my other pc without the ZA 5.0 and it still happens, i think its globally,.. windows update fuked it up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:05 am 
I went to the zonealarm forum, and a lot of people where having this problem with v5.0 and BT(and other programs!) so I went back to the old version!

I turned back to 4.5 last night. My pc didn't freeze(yet). But now I did get 2 time-outs exceeded on tracker(both where different trackers!!). One of the trackers disconected me, but the other came alive when I changed my settings....(I'm now uploading my max!)

Is it possible that indeed the latest windows update made it able for windows to stop a program when it's being connected to long to the internet, except their own and some trusted programs(F.E.: Norton)?
That would explain all the freezing because it only happens after a while!?

hoping WE can solve this soon! Meaning that if you need some help SHADOW testing new codes just let me know! Today I will talk to 2 friends of mine who both are running trackers :lol: , and see if they have the same problem with there trackers....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:11 am 
okay the latest reply was by me demon.... just to let you all know :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:41 am 
I had installed ZA5 and started getting the error, and even when I downgraded to 4.5, I was still getting the same problem, even when I shutdown ZA. However, I uninstalled it completely a few hours ago and I havn't had the problem since, if you have ANY version of ZA, try uninstalling it completely (not just disableing it) and see if that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:27 am 
i've been having this problem

i read this thread and decided the best bet wud be to uninstall ZA

I've got this windows update also so basically i'm waiting to see if BTornado freezes 2day

i don't just get a freeze tho, Btornado stops uploading and downloading, ie. they are both 0 and not only that i get kicked off the internet even tho my router tells me its still on net (ie. cudnt get on any websites)

this lead me to believe it was a virus, trojan/dialer but nothing was found wen i scanned my pc.

also wen i got kicked off internet, i still had MSN signed in and that was unaffected by the disconnect

does any1 know wot this is yet?!? it cud be some malicious code embedded into the windows update that someones done to get back at Microsoft or is that too much of a paranoid delusion

ZA cud also be the problem cos it may think Btornado isn't trusted so it shuts down the internet completely to stop Btornado from downloading thinking it is saving you from a virus

all these are just theories created by a paranoid guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:09 am 
I can't see how this has anything to do with zone alarm specifically. I am xperiencing this on two separate xp pro machines (1 bit torrent & 1 bit tornado) and neither have (or ever had) zone alarm.

BTW, when my torrent drops to zero I cannot get web pages but if I open command prompt and ping other machines on my net they respond. Can't ping the outside world though.

For those who's machines don't freeze completely (and are dhcp) you can "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew" to refresh your ip and get things working again - saves you a reboot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:17 am 
BTW, has anyone looked at their system event viewer?? Everytime my Internet connection dies an error msg is written to the log.

It's event ID 1009 and the msg reads:

A network error occurred when trying to send a message. The error code is: The requested address is not valid in its context. .

Just thought I'd mention it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:16 pm 
been running my pc with ZA 4.5 for a few hours now, and still no freeze.... hope I'll make it through the night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:44 am 
ok just downloaded a new windows update :D hope it fixes this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:01 pm 
ive been having problem after problem with bt clients and this week i took za 5 off and no more problems ive put a free firewall up and my speeds are maxing out which it has never done befor those of you with ZA 5 dump it i know it was a nice proggy but its got to go

i nearly gave up BT but its so good now with max speed cool :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:14 pm 
okay I've been having my pc run 5 instances of BT since yesterday, and no freeze happend yet!! So I think it's got more do with ZoneAlarmV5 than with the latest windows update!

hope this helps people!bye...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:20 pm 
Everyone keeps talking only about like ZA 5.. I'm having the same problem and im using Agnitum Outpost and there hasn't been any problems with Agnitum up until now...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next