the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:29 am 
I don't recall the date I started having issues but. I do have this update, and have the more severe version of this issue. I drop internet connectivity and have to disable/enable my internet connection.

I don't have anything else on my system I run SP1 and am behind the dmz on my router.

I would apprecaite a solution as I somewhat am reluatant to download nowadays with bt. I'll use irc if this isn't fixed soon.

Post subject: Still having problems?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:16 am 
I am also having problems with this. I didn't have SP2 installed and would drop all connectivity. Even had Comcast out here to look at my cable signal etc . Still dropping at random times but if I don't use BT everything works fine and no drops. I have a feeling it's something other than the OS......but that's where I'm left scratching my head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:05 am 
Same syptoms as everyone

I had SP2 installed and ZoneAlarm v5.
Even after doing the patchin for the tcpip problem, i still have problems with the connection(some dhcp assigning ip prob)

uninstalled SP2 but problem remained

After removin ZoneAlarm5, my bt worked properly again.

(all these were done after a clean formatting and installin of XP so no possbility of spyware or adware causing connection problems)

Hope it helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:14 am 
Well I solved the portion of my nic dropping by actually using it's drivers vs windows thought the fa311 was old enough to fall into windows 'safe to use' zone guess not.

Now when I get a high number of connections or download rates in excess of 275 - 290KB/s the router drops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:09 pm 
should anything be done under "windows firewall" in the control panel to increase efficiency? I was looking around in the exceptions tab and when i double clicked on btdownloadgui which is checked, it gives the option to open ports. It doesnt give the option of giving a range though.

Also, I have several torrent clients installed on my computer, should i uninstall them? Besides that, i dont use nod32 or zone alarm, so that isnt the problem for me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:43 pm 
Ok,

I've read through this entire thread and I think we've got some major confusion here.

I've got cable, a router, and multiple PCs. Of these PC's I use one for BT. I also ran into this issue after a clean install of XP Pro and all Windows Updates, including SP2. This issue knocks me off completely and requires a reboot, my other PCs are fully functional on the web though. That leads me to believe that it is an internal windows issue, probably something that MS has done with the network connection in some patch and/or some exploit in BT ports that knocks our connection out.

I never used Zone Alarm or any 3rd party firewalls, so please rule that out of this list. Maybe uninstalling it removes some XP Registry setting that allows you to connect, but regardless ZA isn't the problem.

I saw another thread discussing the option of changing your port in BT, try it. I will tonight. That might be what's causing the issue. If you do try it and have a router, please ensure you port trigger/forward those new ports so you get a better connection. Benchmark from there and let us all know what the outcome was. I will complete this today after work and I'll report back, if we all work together many we can solve this issue and get back to the fun of BT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:09 pm 
Ok,

Those of you who don't have ZA or another 3rd party firewall, this is the fix that worked for me. During Windows Update, I installed a Windows version of my Network Card driver. Once I reverted back to the manufacturer driver set, I was off an running over 24 hrs now without a problem.

I would suggest you try to utilize a driver you download from the motherboard maker's site and/or the NIC maker's site.

Good Luck :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:54 pm 
oh yeah, i forgot to ask/mention, i had previously installed ZA5, but i uninstalled it from the add/remove program and i did a search for zonealarm and didnt find anything

is it possible that this thing is still on my computer or registry? How to check and how to get rid of it if necesssary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:26 pm 
im expereincing a simliar problem, although i dont know the cause. just lately when i start torrents, they go like normal for about 4-5 mins then all of a sudden everything stops, the speeds gradually hit 0, and no internet applications work. actually they seem to want to work as they find the index.html on IE and stuff like that but its terribly slow and it never gets there or i havent waited for 5 mins to test it. Im using XP FW off, and McAffee Personal Firewall prog, on top of a router (dont have any firewall probs thou). No ZA software ever. anyways i found if i exit all torrents (using bittornado), my internet suddenly goes back to normal. like i said idk if this is from the xp hotfix or not. anyways i fixed the problem by switching clients :cry: , but i hate other clients. BTW I sent a autobug report ive gotten that a few times also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:00 pm 
thedrudger wrote:
I've got NOD32 and had the same problem, but found a solution. In the IMON setup of NOD32, go to the Miscellaneous tab and Edit the Exclusion option, and add your BT program to the excluded list. This has worked for me.

Perhaps people with other monitoring software should also exclude their BT program from monitoring, and this may help solve your problems.

good idea, i will try this out and see if this makes a difference.

-I will raise my max peers to 100 (which will make it freeze on me) and then see what happens.

Post subject: so far so good
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:30 pm 
after adding bit-tornado to my exclusion list to nod32 I am currently downloading a file with 74 peers; which I have not been able to do since the freezing started.

good tip, im just praying it continues downloading without freezing, which it seems to be doing fine

(normally it would always freeze around 60 peers when I raised the limit prior to doing this)

Post subject: driver update
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:14 pm 
im reading all this shit , and its the same crap no solutions just people saying same stuff, any ideas please post not poblems. also go to

http://dessent.net/btfaq/#freeze
check driver updates should sort it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:56 pm 
Well the fix you just posted is not the fix to our problem, so maybe you should read it all again.

Post subject: I AM HAVING SAME PROBLEM
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:47 pm 
Please somebody find an answer, I was fine till last week windows xp sp1 with Mcafee internet security I have not added anything to my computer and my downloads keep freezing doing my head in now!!!!! :( :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:31 am 
Snap, I don't have any of the afore mentioned programs, and my BT still crashes. 2mb connection I've tried limiting all options mentioned too!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next