the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:39 am 

I used this version for 1 week. It was a nice week. until yesterday: I had to switch back to the stable version:(

Negative:

everytime I closed my client, the btdownloadgui.exe remained in my taskmanager for 10 seconds to at least 45 seconds, depending on the speed of the trackers. After my system realized its a junk process an error message popped up asking do I want to debug the exe. At the end of the week I get used to it:) This wasn't enough reason for me to uninstall it, but the next two were enough:

-on few torrent sites (Im guessing those with slower trackers) my ratio wasn't updated! I asked the admins, and they told meit has to be updated every hours, I should check my client or firewall. So it seems that it wasn't the trackers fault.
-the torrents stuck on the sites, sometimes even flushing them didn't help.
-my client was unconnectable, I couldn't seed and leech at the same time.

-after reinstalling the stable version, the above problems disappeared.

btw: and admin told me to turn off "DHT and the distributed database", but he didn't know bittornado, or at least I couldnt find any options regarding this.

Positive:

nice that Bittornado can finally resume not completely downloaded torrents for seeding. im gonna miss this feature. Hopefully the next stable version will contain that!
---

So I'd like to report, that bittornado seems to have problems with slower trackers. Im almost sure that it wasn't my configuration: on faster trackers, the ratios were updated continously, and the torrents didn't stuck.
I hope the next versions can fix these, otherwise, this is the best client, I never gonna switch to others. Azureus die! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:11 am 

Quote:
-on few torrent sites (Im guessing those with slower trackers) my ratio wasn't updated! I asked the admins, and they told meit has to be updated every hours, I should check my client or firewall. So it seems that it wasn't the trackers fault.
It's possible that the trackers didn't get the response parsed from your client. Feel free to packetsniff for traffic sent to the tracker.

Quote:
-the torrents stuck on the sites, sometimes even flushing them didn't help.
This can happen when the client doesn't send the stopped message properly. Again, packetsniff to check to see if it's the client not sending or the tracker not getting.

Quote:
-my client was unconnectable, I couldn't seed and leech at the same time.
This is because of firewalls and routers on your system/in your setup that you haven't taken the time to configure properly.

Quote:
btw: and admin told me to turn off "DHT and the distributed database", but he didn't know bittornado, or at least I couldnt find any options regarding this.

How can you turn off something that's not there in the first place I wonder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:32 am 

how can I packetsniff could you please tell me? noob here:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:46 am 

http://www.ethereal.com/ - Ethereal - A Network Protocol Analyzer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:38 pm 

DWKnight wrote:
http://www.ethereal.com/ - Ethereal - A Network Protocol Analyzer.

thanks for your help :idea:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:20 am 

visitor wrote:

mine too. I dont understand. I thought bittornado doesnt support dht.

Last edited by stuffie on Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:21 am 

stuffie wrote:
visitor wrote:

mine too. I dont understand. I thought bittornado doesnt support it.

It doesn't (as I mentioned in this thread already)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:25 am 

DWKnight wrote:
It doesn't (as I mentioned in this thread already)

And he is complaining about PEX too. Does Bittorando support PEX?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:31 pm 

No.
BitTornado does not support PEX.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:39 pm 

Quote:
everytime I closed my client, the btdownloadgui.exe remained in my taskmanager for 10 seconds to at least 45 seconds, depending on the speed of the trackers. After my system realized its a junk process an error message popped up asking do I want to debug the exe. At the end of the week I get used to it :) This wasn't enough reason for me to uninstall it, but the next two were enough:

That's been happening to me with any version newer than 0.3.13. so i've just resigned to using 0.3.13 til this bug gets a definitive fix. Hopefully the fix coming out 'soon' in another thread will resolve this???

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]