the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:29 pm 
I am a new user and having very slow download speeds (0-10kB/s). When I click on the advance feature while running Shad0w, I have notice peers recieving sometimes triple my speed or more. I currently am running through a DSL with a decent transfer rate and have opened ports through the router, WinXP ICF, and zone alert to allow access. I dont seem to have any problem with peers connecting to me with UL speeds upwards of 50kB/s. In regards to the snubbing and choking, even when I show peers are present and they even have the complete file, I cannot progess in my DL (showing 0kB/s). Why does this happen, or am I totatally off base? How do I accomplish speeds upwards of 100kB/s?

Any other help would be greatly appreciated?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:45 pm 

Because of TCP/IP overhead it would be very inefficient for peers to upload to everyone at once. The choke system arranges things to each client uploads to only a few others at a time, mostly those who are sending them data. Eventually this system locates peers with good connections between them and a majority of the data you receive will be over these connections. The "snub" flag simply means that peer hasn't sent you data in a while, even if they aren't choking you, and is intended to prevent abuse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:45 am 

Would it be fair to say once seeds are apart of the picture speeds go up considerably?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]